What’s the most interesting documentary you’ve ever watched?

I have several I found to be really educational
The Ascent of Man - Presented by J Brownowski, 13 Episodes, over 11 hours. 1973
Civilisation - Presented by Lord Kenneth Clark, 13 Episodes, almost 11 hours 1969
-The Ascent of Money - A Financial history of the world. 6 episodes, 2009

1 Like

Cosmos by Carl Sagan

2 Likes

I enjoyed that immensely.
Anything and everything to do with space captivates me.

1 Like

Maybe not as erudite. My favorite recent documentary is on Lewis Capaldi, Scottish singer/songwriter. I’ve watched it at least 20 times. I’m a big fan. It was interesting to see the human side of the music industry.

Ed Sheeran’s documentary was just ok. I didn’t even finish it. I’m less of a fan.

1 Like

I have a massive collection of documentaries so no specific favourites.

However, from the era of the first two of your examples I would select, from 1964, the remarkable, and standard-setting:

1 Like

I have not seen it myself.
Good documentaries really educate us. There is so much goes on that the public rarely hears about.

1 Like

Millwall 1977 - Panorama.
You don’t have to a football fan to watch this by the way. A piece of social history, the style of narration seems archaic by today’s standards.

Thank you. It is on youtube, I have book marked it for future viewing :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You’re welcome!
I’m going to have to watch it again too :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

First and foremost the old ITV series World at War. With Olivier doing the commentary.
However I’m a fan of a good rockumentary. There was one of Thin Lizzy that was watching a tragedy unfold - but the classic line from the guitarist “golf saved my life”. The Fleetwood Mac one was also great.

I think it has to be any of the Michael Palin BBC travel series

Around the world in 80 days or
South Pole, to North Pole or
The Himalayas or
Full circle or
The Sahara

I watched them all several times.

4 Likes

Ooh, I used to love those. Michael Palin had a watchable style.

3 Likes

Anything with David Attenborough.I’ve been watching him since the 50’s :grinning:
The Komodo dragon one really piqued my interest.

1 Like