What’s one food you’ve tried but would never eat again?

Jellied eels. Possibly the most utterly disgusting food product ever created. I think they were from M&S and just tried them out of curiosity. Ugh!

2 Likes

Vegemite is like marmite, I think.

Yuk! Tried it once, never again.

1 Like

Yes but superior (according to the Aussies of course)

2 Likes

Loved the jelly but not the eels Annie

2 Likes

Broccoli. :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face:

1 Like

That is a fair selection. Dull and pointless.
However, steamed until still with a bite and the tossed in sesame seeds and quickly fried in sesame oil and they are edible. I think its about disguising the broccoli.

1 Like

I will eat just about anything except liver and corn nuts again. Oh, and baby camel. Ate that on one deployment…never…again…tastes exactly like it smells.

1 Like

I tried tripe once…never again, it looked disgusting and tasted the same

2 Likes

Mrs d00d likes broccoli, I can’t stand it without lashings of cheese sauce. In fact broccoli cheese is better than cauliflower cheese.

1 Like

I should have also added sprouts as something I would never eat again.

Kentucky fried chicken,
Truly awful in every respect, my son wanted to give it a go and so we did…we both ate in and both agreed that it was bloody horrible!

Ew, yes. Tried that at a Vietnamese restaurant once and decided that was not for me.

**sheeps eyeball….yuk **

1 Like

Marmite

1 Like

There are two foods I was brave enough to buy and smell but that could never make it into my mouth, they are “ marmite” and “ vegemitel”!

Never had the guts to even try them! They look like snails jelly to me ! :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Actually my tale is of failure.

I bought some deep fried cockroaches and grasshoppers from a road side stall in Cambodia with every intention of trying them. Unfortunately I could not put them in my mouth, even with my eyes closed.

Wasted about 50c :wink:

1 Like

On the rare occasion I eat fast food (like once a year) I must admit I prefer KFC Zinger Burger to Maccas but Maccas has free coffee for seniors.

My Asian friends almost fight over fish eyes.

1 Like

I think they are softer
Sheeps eyeballs are like gobstoppers

My worst dish was a shared fish and meat stew in a Korean restaurant. Six work colleagues around a table with a pot of hot water or stock in the middle and plates of various meats / shellfish. Lob bits of food into the pot and try to trawl out the bits you want. It was all pretty bad but the off-green very large mollusc was definitely the worst. And to think we paid for that.