What’s one food you’ve tried but would never eat again?

On holiday perhaps…because you spotted it in the supermarket…
Why didn’t you like it?

Vegemite because it’s horrible.
So I had to find a new way to be Australian and found VB and that’s quite nice.

1 Like

Canned pineapple rings .
We used to have it as kids for desert yuk

1 Like

Kentucky fried chicken!
My son insisted on eating in at one of their establishments, it was horrible, the entire KFC experience was horrible. It made McDonald’s seem Ambrosian by comparison, my son wasn’t impressed either.

1 Like

Tapioca pudding :scream:

1 Like

Figs…urgghhh!

1 Like

Yup, agree, just the look of it puts me off…frogspawn :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

“Grits” I tried them in the US because I’d read about them a lot in novels and wanted to see what they were about

They were fairly tasteless with a smooth, jelly texture, a bit like smooth porridge, with a lump of melted butter in the middle

I didn’t like the blandness, the thick texture or the combo of greasy butter floating on the baby food like stodge

1 Like

I always thought they were scones .

2 Likes

1 Like

Potted Houch.

1 Like

Tripe.
Lived near Bury for a few years and managed to avoid it. Then, on work near Madrid, the locals cajoled me into trying a “local delicacy” - tripe in tomato sauce. As bad as it sounds.

2 Likes

I haven’t come across it yet.

Edit: Just remembered. It is ‘brains’.

1 Like

Sheep’s eyeball yuk

1 Like

I didn’t like the look of grits, either.

2 Likes

Burgers and Coca Cola. Everyone thought I was trying to be different when I was a kid but I honestly hated both.

1 Like

Apart from the innards and flesh of animals, which I have tried in my youth but could never stomach, there’s a few other foods which I just can’t bear to eat.

I can eat most fruits, veg, pulses and grains - but I don’t fancy trying any of it after it has been fermented. I’ve heard it’s supposed to be good for you and I did try some fermented veg once - it makes me shudder just mentioning it - once tasted, never forgotten!

Polenta is another food I avoid. I have tried it served in various different ways but I just can’t bear the texture of it. I don’t bother to try it any more.

1 Like

Jellied eels. Possibly the most utterly disgusting food product ever created. I think they were from M&S and just tried them out of curiosity. Ugh!

2 Likes

Vegemite is like marmite, I think.

Yuk! Tried it once, never again.

1 Like

Yes but superior (according to the Aussies of course)

2 Likes