What Present did you get one Xmas or Birthday… that you will never likely ever forget…

For our forum’s Minxy

2 Likes

I wasn’t a little girl, I was 21, waited long enough, wanted one when I was 8 :grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you LD!

That’s such a beautiful song! :notes:

Added to my playlist

:hugs:

2 Likes

Picked and sent with love in friendship, always friendship!

3 Likes

It’s most sincerely appreciated :grinning:

2 Likes

Ya big sook! :roll_eyes: :joy:

Monopoly.I was about 10 and desperate to have one.
But since my parents weren’t interested I had no one to play it with :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Don’t do pressies as such , we save and go on cruises which are quite expensive

Two pressies I remember because My Sister and Myself had wanted them so so much.
!st off we got bicycles all repaired and painted to perfection by my late Dad.
Then we had Ice Skating Lessons at Streatham Ice Rink…later to be also a great venue for Bands…

The hired skates were really uncomfortable so Dad went to the local second hand shop at the Lesley Arms Shopping Parade recent Photo of the Public House…

It was our local,my first date was spent in there with my to be Husband. In the Snug…
I had really Mirror Blades and My Sister had the better quality leather boots…so that seemed fair enough to us…We felt lucky as our Dad always treated us to what we needed

2 Likes

Do you get Snugs in pubs anymore?Someone on the TV was describing a room in a house as a snug,never heard of that before.

So, did you play with yourself then?

1 Like

When I was little for Christmas I had a puppet on strings, could never find how to use it and it was horrible.
When I was about ten I got a typewriter with the ink ribbon for Christmas. On boxing Day I broke it, the carriage kept sticking when I pushed it to the other side, so I gave it a good push and it came off but dad managed to put it back on, but I did like it.the other 2 were tall dolls that could stand by themselves and I could do their hair in different styles.in the 60s we only had one present each. I remember writing out my list for Santa and put it up the chimney.

1 Like

My older brother had a Monopoly game, I was playing the game with him and one day he was losing so he put the money on the coal fire. I asked him why did you do that for and he said that it was his game and he could do what he wanted with it.

2 Likes

Of course.

And I won.

2 Likes

He didn’t think that one through did he :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was told that could cause hairs to grow in the palm of one’s hand :astonished::point_right::wink::+1:

1 Like

I expect she’ll pretend it was just an innocent remark with no salacious intent.:slight_smile:

1 Like

When I was 13, my aunt bought me a box camera. It took a 120 film. That was the start of my everlasting hobby and some part professional. With that camera I even won a photo competition at school.

1 Like

Hi

My mother sent a joint present to me and the EX.

It was a lovely oil painting of Castle Hill in Huddersfield, where I had had my wedding reception.

Mum was getting on a bit and somewhat forgetful.

It was the wrong wife.

4 Likes

This is a classic in my family.
My wife gave me a Christmas present and said I would find it a
help. I replied ‘As long as it is not a bleeding DIY book’
I slowly opened it and found out it was.
She wept a bit and said she bought it for a joke!!