What Present did you get one Xmas or Birthday… that you will never likely ever forget…

One of Mine was a Birthday Present whilst we were Caravanning in Spain on the Costa Brava, Estartit to be exact and our 3 Children were still at the sweetie ages…
I Packet of Washing Line Pegs, multi coloured as well… and a Checked Tea Cloth…they grew up, but never were they ever allowed to forget it…

5 Likes

Not strictly MY birthday present, but it is related to my darling blondie’s 16th. Our first prolonged meaningful kiss that was to permenately change both of our lives, was at her 16th birthday bash in a hired venue. She had arranged the dance-party together with several other girls who also were 16 that month. My band which included her brother were booked and it was on stage where that life changing kiss took place. She had been singing up on stage and the rest as the saying goes, is history…:hugs::kiss::sparkling_heart::hugs::+1:
We’ve been very happily married for over 54yrs and not a single day regretted. I really cannot think of a better or longer lasting present.

8 Likes

That is lovely, what a romantic story, the perfect gift :gift_heart:

2 Likes

When I was 13 I got my first motorcycle. It was a Kawasaki 150cc 2 stroke (meaning you mixed the gas and oil in the gas tank). Thing was heavy and looked well used, but I though I was hot sh%t.
K2-W1-650-1965

Like this only more worn. First thing I did was to get it up to 25 then I panicked and hit the front brake. LOL Frist day on new bike and road rash. :grin: :grin:

7 Likes

Well, at least they remembered……

3 Likes

Sealed with a Kiss…Lovely Story LongDriver… :two_hearts:

4 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :crazy_face:

1 Like

Yes it is and mother-in-law let it slip one day that my blondie had eyes for me since she was 11 and told mum that one day I’ll marry him and gladly have his babies. Wow, I didn’t stand a chance lol.

3 Likes

That’s what you call planning!

3 Likes

I have never been on a Motor Bike but Scooters as I was a 60’s Mod…which means when I met my to be Husband, by chance in the street returning from the London Motor Show with my mate Rosi…was part of our work and gave us a day away from the Civil Service we both had joined…Always with Rosi always…will get there honestly…
…He had to wash the greaser look out of his hair…I said no way would I go out with a Rocker…
Anyway I had reached the age to drive and had a Triumph 2000 dark turquoise with full sun roof awaiting me, my Dad’s gift to me… Auto but I was taking a Manuel Driving Test…past and now on the road, remember exactly where I was …
…Purley Way, Croydon at a set of traffic lights,I had to pull up and I fiddled about with the sun roof not realising my foot was on the brake but had let it off and the car moved forward into the car that was stationary in front…It was only a little bump and would you believe it…I knew the Female Driver and she let me off… :upside_down_face:
Think this is the only photo I have of that Vehicle…seemed to have had that car forever at the time…He never went back to the Brylcream look again… of course not :innocent: :zipper_mouth_face:

4 Likes

I got a horse for my 21st birthday, plus saddle bridle & everything else needed, but I had to pay for her livery.

4 Likes

I think I was about 4 or 5, and woke up to a big red Sledge on Christmas morning. It was made of metal, and had wooden slats for the seat - really heavy, and I cried all day thinking Santa had left his sledge behind and nobody else would get their presents!

7 Likes

that was so Sad…

3 Likes

Awww … what a wonderful concerned girl you must have been :hugs::+1:

3 Likes

Well thanks, LD, but I’m fairly sure I made everyone’s Christmas a bloomin’ nightmare with my wailing and crying over Santa having to carry his presents up and down people’s roofs all by himself! :joy:

4 Likes

Ah, but it showed everyone you cared deeply for others and not yourself …great qualities in one so young :hugs:

4 Likes

Was this just last week :joy::santa:

2 Likes

Mine was my first bike was similar to this

I used to put my buckets and digging tools in the boot and ride round the garden. Stopping to dig holes, much to dads delight.
I loved that bike, cause I could put alsorts in the boot an go off and play :grinning:

6 Likes

That tricycle is a Gresham Flyer and mine was greenish blue, one my grandfather bought or rather loaned on over pub bar and said punter never did return to redeem.

1949 Aberdale ‘Gresham Flyer’ de Luxe tricycle – The Online Bicycle Museum

2 Likes

Most recently my Dachshund Bix. Who was given to me as a combined Christmas & Birthday present.

7 Likes