What old TV show(s) do you miss?

Hi Pixie

Yes that was another one I watched, my dad liked westerns so we had to watched what he wanted to watch,plus like most families we only had the one tv in the front room and dad was in charge of the remote control.
But one of my faves was also The Little House on the Prairie and the Waltons,good wholesome family entertainment .

2 Likes

Oh my word! same here…I loved those families! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Oh yes, I forgot about those!

Little House on the Prairie and The Waltons (best scene goodnight)

3 Likes

That’s all very well for kids and girls but us chaps wanted something a bit more.

1 Like
2 Likes
3 Likes

Little House on the Prairie is playing on IMDb TV in the US right now. Unfortunately, it’s not playing in the UK.

1 Like

The pink panther cartoons/flashing blade/banana splits and Tarzan. Anything with Brian Cant. Secret Army, Sapphire & Steel, of course. Blake’s Seven at a push, first series only, and with Blake. That used to upset me a lot.

Pink triangle series on Channel Four.

Not Howard’s Way.

1 Like

Pink panther channel on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFeUyPY6W8qX8w2o6oSiRmw

One video from the channel

1 Like

Yes, my dad was also in charge of the remote. Nature programmes. Animals stalking and killing another ‘come and look at this!’ he would urge Mum and me. Uh, no thanks Dad! I can’t watch them to this day.

Mum had to go into the bedroom if she wanted Eastenders, or another soap. I am glad she survived him many years, to have charge of the remote from then on. :heart_eyes:. (We loved him really.)

Follyfoot

I loved the Survivors…its a bit chilling to think about it now.

3 Likes

I had to look that one up, since it didn’t ring a bell…creepy!

I also remembered The Tomorrow People.

2 Likes

Only this version, I’m v sorry I should have specified vintage :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m going to be singing that all day now! :joy:

1 Like

Sing this one after :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can’t hit those high notes, so I’ll give that one a miss! I always thought he looked like a little pig rather than a bear, anyway. Not a fan…

Now Paddington, on the other hand…

1 Like

Ya, I do have a Paddington ‘thing’ also. The Michael Bond story is very cool and the opening pages of the first book are so clean & crisp, beautiful efficiency in prose (yawwwn me)

Also Bagpuss - worth a good cry in the dark any night of the week - the Porcupine Song doesnt take too long to learn a friend of miiine, a porcupiiine, went up in a hot air balloon.

1 Like

Ohhh Bagpuss…I adored him to, and felt the melancholy quite comforting - especially in the opening and closing credits.

The Clangers…have they been mentioned? Loved them too.

1 Like

Yes those, Zaphod, plus, It Aint Half Hot Mum, The Strange World Of Gurney Slade, Lark Rise To Candleford & the American program… Ronan & Martins Laugh In.

1 Like