What new holiday would you invent?

Really, how do you celebrate it, LD?

Oh my goodness, so do I, but I’ve never, ever met anyone else who did except for the people who I invite to mine and they’re conscripts, not volunteers really!

how about stay at home holidays

1 Like

There’s a dumb holiday that’s already been invented that me and a few daft mates have been celebrating for yonks now

International Talk Like a Pirate Day :pirate_flag::pirate_flag::pirate_flag:

Altogether now,

“Aaaaaaargh!”

1 Like

It’s SO close to my birthday (incidentally, shared with HMQ) I roll the dates into one and get my English cross flag out as a table cloth :point_down:

1 Like

Excellent, LD, carry on. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I thought everyone celebrated that. Every forum I’ve ever posted on has, at least. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We do have a severe shortage of public holidays in the second half of the year so we could invade New Zealand and have a day off to celebrate.

It is a wonderful sign of a multicultural Britain that you take the time to celebrate the special memorial day of a Turkish saint that you share with so many other countries.

Well done you.

We celebrate him too

1 Like

Sharrup Sarky!

Patriotism and Patron saints aren’t about logic :england:

I couldn’t care less about all the real history stuff, someone sometime made him our patron saint and I celebrate England with that dragon slaying hero son of a ………. :rofl:

St Patrick was from Wales, St Andrew from Galilee but St David was indeed from Wales, although most of the stories about him were made up about him in the 11th century and one of his major miracles appears to have been creating a hill, not hard in Wales!

Who cares, this is about patriotism and jingoism not knocking each other’s patron saints in some sort of It’s a Knockout Competition! :england:🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿:ireland::wales:

I didn’t really get the ref to the rugby team. Is it a welsh rugby team called St George?

Welsh? Rugby? Wash your mouth out. It’s Rugby League and the team is called “Saint George Illawarra”, their nickname is The Dragons

I am at a loss to know how saying “Well done you” is knocking your patron saint

1 Like

Is there a difference? I’m still none the wiser :rofl:

I know nothing about Rugby although I did once go out with a bloke who played for London Welsh

:rugby_football: :rugby_football::rugby_football::rugby_football::rugby_football::rugby_football::rugby_football:

There’s too much bucking flagging in this thread for my liking; leave the flags outta vit please :+1::wink:

1 Like

Flags and flagging are indeed a red flag!

1 Like

Here we go then, Pirate Pick up Lines

http://talklikeapirate.com/wordpress/how-to/pirate-pickup-lines/

I like

“Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?”

and

“C’mon, lad, shiver me timbers”

1 Like

Just found out something I found interesting. Dave Barry popularized it and now it’s a day for raising funds for charities.

It’s on Sept. 19, 2022. I hope someone remembers to put up a thread on that day.

1 Like

I will, if I’m still on here, I’ll be celebrating that day anyway

And Marie Curie is a charity very close to my heart, so will deffo support them

1 Like

A National Carers Day , in fact I’d make it National Carers Weekend to give them a well earned rest. But then who would be looking after the old, sick, disabled and people who need the care. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I would have a National Going Back day…we would have to have a time machine of course and go back to just one day in time that was a happy day …we all have those dont we. Its not possible of course but if it was you have to admit its a nice thought :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lovely thought!

I’m in! Sounds nice!

1 Like