What new holiday would you invent?

Valentine’s Day is a reminder that there can be holidays about anything.

I ran across a blog post about inventing holidays.

If you could create a holiday, what would it be?

I’m thinking maybe change positions with your boss, spouse, family member, or pet day. I wouldn’t mind being a cat for a day. Feed me! :cat: (I don’t have a cat though)

Here Kitty Kitty Kitty :wink:

Being that we here in the UK are in the throws of shaking the EU from our way of life, I’d like to have a national Brexit Day where the Union Jack is saluted before many street parties ensue.

4 Likes

Is that a good idea when almost half the population were against Brexit? Besides, I think we should leave the revering of flags to the Americans, we have already allowed enough of their culture to find its way into ours. Flags are for sticking on sandcastles. :us: :uk: :de: :fr: :bouvet_island: :botswana: :belarus: :belize: :cocos_islands: :congo_kinshasa: :central_african_republic: :congo_brazzaville: :switzerland: :cote_divoire: :curacao: :ecuador: :faroe_islands: :gabon: :018:

1 Like

You could invent a sandcastle day.

1 Like

Well, just as long as I don’t have to be involved in it. :smiley:

The beauty of inventing stuff. Especially imaginary stuff. You choose.

1 Like

What about a White Van Man Day

Too many flags for my liking, d00d. :grimacing:

1 Like

If you want a bunch of nonsensical holidays move to Louisiana
400 Louisiana festivals
Throughout the year, music, food, history and holidays inspire more than 400 Louisiana festivals and events of all sizes occurring throughout the state and each one is an opportunity

Food, harvest and wild game festivals[edit]

Heritage and folk festivals[edit]

French Quarter Street performers

*Festivals Acadiens - Lafayette

Holiday festivals[edit]

Garden and botanical festivals[edit]

Music festivals[edit]

Talk about celebrating everything!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes
2 Likes

‘Cos that wouldn’t be divisive at all, would it? :rofl:

There’s be a few punch ups, mostly from me! There are so may ways to sabotage a street party …… :rofl:

And then my holiday would be a “We Miss EU” day where we fly the EU flag, sing Ode to Joy, eat French cheese, enjoy everything European and burn effigies of Nigel Farage and point the finger of shame at his supporters while we plan on how we’ll Rejoin!

That wouldn’t be any more divisive than a Brexit Day!

But despite Harbal wanting to stick mine on a sandcastle and white man van love, I do like to see the England flag flying

How about we celebrate St George’s Day?

3 Likes

My choice would be National Animal Day, to acknowledge the incredible sacrifice and work that animals have given for us - food, wars, building, farming, transportation.

It would sure be nice if we had a special day to treat our animals and be mindful of all they have given us.

5 Likes

Why don’t we make it more authentic and burn the original? :102:

1 Like

Tax freedom day seems like a good one to hold

2 Likes

I think it is more that we have taken, rather than they have given, but I get your point.

2 Likes

Isn’t it so. Thank you.

1 Like

@Maree , Why don’t you immigrate then ??
Leave our holidays alone !!
Donkeyman! :-1::frowning::-1:

Tax Freedom Day gets posted on twitter. One of the politicians I follow wanted to make Tax day a Federal holiday - a day that people would take the day off to file their taxes and celebrate getting them done, I guess.

I was thinking about a ruler for the day holiday where I’m the ruler. But nah. Too much work.

1 Like

I cant stand that creep!!!

I do!!