What movie did you find Ho Hum?

For me, one of them was Chariots of Fire.
A movie about running? In slow motion?
Unbelievable

Australia. Bad.Waste of three hours.Did someone say Kidman could act? Pfft!

1 Like

I never watched it. Thought it would be uninteresting Hollywood hype.

That’s it. :grinning:
I’ve never wanted to watch a Luhrmann film before but was tempted by the tile of the film.

1 Like

Any Peter Greenaway film. I think that most people either love them or hate them, cinematographic Marmite.

2 Likes

All of the Death Wish movies (six i t believe) dreadful acting, script and director.

I am probably in a minority here but The Greatest Showman - gave up after 30 minutes!

1 Like

Pretty sure I have not seen that one.

I am not a movie lover,i prefer documentaries.

2 Likes

A bit fluffy, but for me worth watching for Hugh Jackman and Zac Efron. A couple of really great songs there too.
Based on a true story, but i wonder just how close to the truth it was.

1 Like

Ps,Dark waters was a film based on a true story,those i do enjoy.
It gave me food for thought i can tell you.

2 Likes

I gave it a 7 out of 10…it was an entertaining experience. But I was more interested in the historical reference that the movie inferred to rather than the overall quality of the actors.

Completely disagree. The Death Wish movies were an example of the times where the public was tired of criminals being let loose on society to let government present a progressive front. These movies were not intended to be equivalents of fine china. They were the paper plates of expressionism for how the common man in America felt during that time. The original received an 8 out of 10 in my book, but the original series featuring Bronson never went below a 6. I have yet to view the remake with Willis replacing Bronson in the leading role, but it is on my plate.

1 Like

Days of Thunder with Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise. I watched it back when. It did not age well.

1 Like

Sure I have not watched that one. Is it about cars going around and around an oval track?

1 Like

Yes, and the love story between Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise which did not age well.

1 Like

Tenet. I’m usually a big fan of Christopher Nolan, Insomnia, Inception for example, but Tenet I found incomprehensible. What with people and cars going backwards, I nearly walked that way out of the cinema! :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Whether or not you agree with the politics, or the subject of vigilantism, was not the reason why i chose this film for the subject of the thread.

Personally i felt the script was dreadful, and the direction typical ‘Michael Winner’.
I would say the first movie was watchable, but from there on, it all went rapidly downhill.

1 Like