What makes a tv series binge watch worthy?

I like anything fantasy, sci-fi, mystical. Hence my choices. :grinning: :grinning:
Sorry thought you were quoting me, Butterscotch.

1 Like

That’s high on my list also. Stranger Things was a slow start for me so I gave it up but I’ve heard so many great things about it that I might try again.

Grace and Frankie had me laughing out loud on the first episode. That one is also on my list.

I’m wondering if that 2nd release of season 4 of Manifest will be the series ender.

Same. One leads to the next.

I’ve also watched a lot of police type shows where one person solves the crime by observation, sort of like a murder mystery type thing. I like the puzzles.

I really enjoyed it, it’s very funny and also seeing us “human beans” from an alien perspective🤣

Sometimes you just need something light and a laugh. My secret vice at the moment is Reginald the Vampire :man_vampire:

2 Likes

AND Rodney you plonker will be in it. :astonished:

I think so, same with Stranger Things.
They have said part two of the last series was going to be the end of it, but no sign of a release date yet, not even sure they finished making it. They left part 1 in a right cliff hanger.
They did similar to GOT, that last episode was very unsatifactory as was most of that last series, I watched it & picked it to pieces. They should have gone by the instructions on content from the author, they didn’t & totally messed it up.

1 Like

The only police type show I watched was Shetland & only because Douglas Henshall was in it. I thought him brilliant in Primevil. That series was just my thing. :grinning:
I don’t like police dramas.

1 Like

Producers have said that it the story will conclude by end of season 4.

I’m just hoping they don’t make a mess of it.

2 Likes

Not exactly a binge but Life on Mars was something special. Already dated but so unique.

1 Like

Let us hope not like GOT. Different producers so not.

I am also wondering about Britannia, that was left in the air too.

I was introduced to it and I kind of fancy the Scottish humour. :yum:

1 Like

I forgot to include Stranger Things. Awesome series

1 Like

Ah yes! Just finished it and I really hope they get a second season. Clever, funny, witty and with just enough drama not to make it a total parody. Good performances from all - especially the unhinged but sexy Nicky! - and though the ending was a little, well, hard to believe, they pulled it off well.

(Sorry: referring to Reginald the Vampire).

2 Likes

I don’t watch much TV these days.But in the olden days the BBC did excellent classic adaptions.The Barchester Chronicles,I Claudius,and a lot of Dickens.
When the Boat Comes In was a good series too.

2 Likes

Das Boot was a good watch too.

1 Like

Oh Das Boot was amazing! Especially the end of season one. Superb.

2 Likes

It’s daft rubbish but I kinda like daft rubbish!

Good, light-heated stuff but no spoilers please, I’m only half way through!

We’ve just finished Wednesday so we’re going to launch into The Last of Us next, it’s got some good reviews

2 Likes

Breaking Bad
The Sopranos
Better Call Saul
Bloodline 2015-17
Still Game
Ozark
Dexter
The Wire
House
OZ
Bosch
The Americans
Downton Abbey
Homeland
Dead like me
The Inbetweeners
Justified
Longmire

2 Likes

I loved the Last Kingdom…I’m enjoying The Last of Us but hate that it’s not available to binge watch

2 Likes