What language do you love listening to even if you don't speak it?

It could be a wise choice Chilli…
:+1:
I like to listen to someone speaking English, I can almost understand that…

1 Like

I love listening to English best, even if it’s the one I speak, I think it’s beautiful

And cos it’s my own I can appreciate the local accents too. My weakness is for young men with London accents……:rofl:

I’m intrigued by Japanese though, the sounds and letters and the formality

Konnichiwa :japanese_castle:

1 Like

Almost?
Me too…as long as it’s not in text speak bruv!

Fill your boots Maree!!!

th-2320925714

1 Like

God loves a tryer…

1 Like

Gawd bless yer Foxy!

1 Like

Ouch! That really grates!

I hate it as well when people down here with strong West Country accents try to do rhyming slang……no,no, no, please don’t

These are the sort of young gentlemen’s voices I like

THERE MIGHT BE SOME BAD LANGUAGE!

Don’t open if it will offend :fearful:

1 Like

The King Blues track…a goer!

1 Like

Well, they seem like nice boys! :rofl::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Perhaps… Camden Town is shite these days.
I thought Suggs was a better ambassador.

Gaelic, it was my first language when I was small and lived out on the Isles. Dad only ever spoke it to us kids and mum only spoke English. I have lost so much of it since moving to the Mainland all those years ago.

2 Likes

Big apologies for my previous post!

Spanish and Italian

Black Country, its not pretentious.

My family in Scotland have neighbours with two young children, they can speak Gaelic, French and English.

That’s quite something :slightly_smiling_face:

Do you mean Greek?

What about gesticulating?
I’m not being crass… genuine contribution on my part.

no RoseRed, sorry for the confusion…i meant Italian, the mother and son were Italian…

I’d have to say French.

In my country we speak a mixture of Dutch, German and French known here as Afrikaans. It was a mingling of languages that naturally evolved from the first colonists. So, I’ve an understanding of these languages. Dutch being the most understood.

We also have many local indigenous languages. I can speak but a smattering of these languages.

I am of Indian descent but I don’t know any of the languages. My bad :disappointed:

3 Likes

Strathmore, tho i too dont have any Gaelic, i suspect its because there is unlikely to be a Gaelic word for Hellicopter…i remember i was working as a fitter in Birmingham now most of the fitters were Brits, but one was an Indian, he was ok, no more than that, lol, but he also had a Punjabi fitters mate, and it was so funny to ‘listen’ to them working… yak yak yak, screwdriver… yak yak, ringspanner…lol…simply because there were no Punjabi words for screwdriver nor ringspanner.