What is your phone ringtone?

I just have a ring ring…like the old fashioned trill phones.

1 Like

[quote=“Muddy, post:22, topic:83964, full:true”] How do people customise their ringtones?
[/quote]

Normally, mobile phones have a number of different rings programmed in as standard. But you can also download music & use that too.

You can go into settings, then sound or notifications (depending on your phone) and it might have a choice there for you?

I have never learned how to down load music much less use it as a ringtone !

Silence. I answer if I’m expecting a call. Otherwise they have to leave a message.

2 Likes

What @PixieKnuckles said.
In my Android phone settings under “Sound” there’s a long list of ringtones, followed by an “add ringtone” bit so that you can use whatever you want.

Not a bad idea .

1 Like

If you websearch a particular tune and add the word “download” you will usually see an option to download.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Likewise. I don’t even want to.

1 Like

A regular telephone ring tone. :pleading_face:

I created mine from Wake Up Your Lazy Bed by Matt Bianco

There are free apps you can download to your cell phone. I use Zedge. It gives me tens of ringtones, wallpaper, lock screen designs, etc to choose from. You can even save in their “favorites” folder for later if you like. I have saved some for the holidays that I liked. Very safe, too. I have used Zedge for over five years, and haven’t gotten any viruses, or odd happenings on my phone.

1 Like

I have several - one for general use, and five different ones, each linked to a different person in my contacts, so that when they ring, I can identify who’s calling when the phone is linked to my hands-free Bluetooth in the van or car.
These five tunes were ripped from downloaded YouTube MP4 files.
For example, I have Captain Pugwash theme linked to a plumber mate of mine because of the water connection. :smiley:

1 Like

No idea what my ring tone is …
I doesn’t ring much.
And when it does it goes … brrrr…brrrr … on vibrate.

1 Like

Judd … you never cease to amaze me. I don’t know whether to be sad for you or admire your youthful zest and just give you a hug.

You need to put a coat on it if it’s that cold.

2 Likes

Well I didn’t know how to say … brr brr … or buzzzz …buzzzz.
:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I remember the helluva job I had with mine. Recorded Spooks on the old pc. Cut the opening tune, put the audio to a separate file. Somehow transferred it to my phone and then allocated it as the ring tone. I also used to have Top Gear’s opening tune, Jessica.

I always think that “Satisfaction” by the Rolling Stones would be a good ringtone, because these days I can never get satisfaction when I try to phone somebody… I always get a voice telling me I will get through and am currently 16th in line to be answered! :roll_eyes: