What is your favourite breakfast?

The Morrisons all day one. :icon_wink:

That’s the “All Day Breakfast” you get from any food court in any mall in Australia

1 Like

My favourite is toast and ginger marmalade…… mmm!

Do you have that every day Mags?

No Spitty, I sometimes have Shredded Wheat but of the two, ginger marmalade is my favourite. :slightly_smiling_face:

you have baked beans in Australia?

I haven’t had Shredded Wheat for yonks, as I recall, it needed lots of milk, and a lashing of sugar to make it palatable. :icon_wink:

1 Like

I don’t use cow’s milk at all, I used almond milk on cereals with a handful of blueberries, that makes shredded wheat more palatable.

Some breakfasts leave you feeling you need a second breakfast. :smiley:

Of course, locally grown and processed by the Shepparton Processing Company (SPC)

I personally buy the 4 packs of small 140gm cans. They come in BBQ, Rich Tomato or Ham flavours

1 Like

I am very fond of Ginger Marmalade and always keep some in the cupboard but not for breakfast

I like bite size Shredded Wheat NOT Shreddies.
But you can’t get them here, although they may be called something else?

Dunno why they are called Bite Sized, nibble size at best, in fact, they can be swallowed whole!!!

I actually have a packet of Shredded Wheat at the moment, I usually only buy them during winter because I like them with hot milk. They always remind me of staying on my Uncle’s farm in Suffolk to “help” with the harvest. Every morning there was Shredded Wheat with scalded milk.

BTW I note that now Shredded Wheat are made in the UK, previously they were made in Canada or the Netherlands. A Brexit benefit perhaps?

Porridge is my other winter breakfast I like it a bit on the runny side, a habit I learned to love in those halcyon days at Butlins Holiday Camps.

Is this the Shredded Wheat everyone is talking about? I’ve been eating that straight from the box lately.

Fun fact.

It was first made in the United States in 1893, while UK production began in 1926.

1 Like

I don’t think so, those are baby ones. I eat one Shredded Wheat for Breakfast, when I was a kid I would eat two.

That looks overcooked to me. Did you ask for it like that?

In the UK, they would be described as “bite-sized”. “Original” Shredded Wheat:

looks like this:

:yum:

1 Like

That’s not my meal I was quoting someone else’s post - you will have to ask @Maree

Overcooked, dry and cold, I’d say … :-1: