What is wrong with Keir Starmer?

I don’t think he’s an idiot, either.

Giving a straight answer would dignify what was a disingenuous question. What possible useful outcome could a yes or no answer to that question achieve?

To even ask that question carries the implication that the whole issue rests on one, relatively small (although some men would try to tell you otherwise) male body part.

1 Like

Ah, right - that gives a different background to it.
The first article I was replying to stated that the question was asked in a discussion about transwomen in Sports and the video clip only began with the question asked without giving any detail of the lead up to it.
The article you have linked to suggests it was part of a broader debate about trans rights and definitions in general.

1 Like

Breaking News, regarding Tory MP:

https://www.thenational.wales/news/20030547.bridgend-mp-jamie-wallis-gender-identity-past-sexual-assault/

"I’m trans. Or to be more accurate, I want to be. I’ve been diagnosed with gender dysphoria and I’ve felt this way since I was a very young child. I had no intention of ever sharing this with you. I always imagined I would leave politics well before I ever said this out loud.

Very brave of him to come out but I don’t know why these people always “hook up” with strangers they meet on line. To me, that is asking for trouble and something we read about too often. They don’t seem to want somebody to like or love them just to have sex with.

If we look at the natural world of animals , those that don’t comply or the weakest don’t last long. Others of their specie make sure of that.

What exactly are you proposing, RS? :grimacing:

Transgender people are a minority surely the rights of the majority should be foremost .

2 Likes

Of course, but that doesn’t mean minorities should end up with nothing. It depends on what is being asked for, and what it would cost to give it, I suppose.

2 Likes

It sounds like they would be a seriously endangered minority if Realspeed had his way. :slightly_smiling_face:

No but it looks like women are being left with nothing .
What is the point of training as an athlete in womens sports when a mediocre performer in mens can easily beat you .
Athletic events for women should be IMO for women who were born women and safe spaces for women should not be invaded by any man who ‘identifies ‘ as a woman .

3 Likes

I agree with you for the most part. :+1:

In our local paper there are more and more reports of men being raped by other men. Some months ago there was one in Exeter then another one in Exeter reported just yesterday and reported yesterday that a young male had been sexually assaulted on a train from Exmouth to Exeter by a 59 year old man. Some months ago a man who used to be our Mayor was jailed for historic sexual abuse against two young boys.

When my kids were in their teens I was more worried about my son going out and getting involved in fights than I was for my daughter being sexually assaulted if I had a male teen in today’s world, think I’d be a nervous wreck.

How dare you suggest such a thing don’t you know that the majority should be silent as only the minorities views matter, go and sit on the naughty step and think about what you have posted. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The question is surely whether there is a sufficiently large enough number of people who are or are not transgender, who identify with having or not having a penis and more to the point give a flying fig about these non issues to the extent that they will hold this in such high regard and override other more pressing matters /policies and change their vote accordingly.

Very few people take that view, and it’s a bit silly to imply they do.

Anyone getting too close to my no-entry one-way-traffic exit, will have clean their teeth via their own no-entry exit🤬

1 Like

Can’t believe all these fence sitting politicians but well said these women.