What is something you would like to master?

I’m completely ignorant of such things LongDriver but it looks expensive.

I recommend Patty Gurdy

2 Likes

D,I.Y.
Complete lack all such skills!

1 Like

Wow!
Terrific… thoroughly enjoyed that :+1:

1 Like

Wow, unusual instrument.
Has it been around long?
400 - 500, 1000 years?

1 Like

An entry model which would be somewhat basic and of unknown manufacturer (China) starts off at around £900, but I would want one from a reputable maker such as the French lass, Claire Dugué.
Claire Dugué Hurdy Gurdy Luthier. - The Tonebar

2 Likes

My Canon DSLR camera. I am hopeless at getting to grips with settings.

2 Likes

Have you looked a you tube instructional videos?

That’s exactly the reaction I had when I first heard one played about 65yrs ago. I like the ‘drone’ notes and that’s why I’m a Scottish pipes fan and one time player, but now I have to content myself with the arm pumped Uillean Pipes.

1 Like

Yes, I’m glad you mentioned drones, I love that sound .
The first time I heard a hurdy gurdy was back in 73, it featured in one of The BBC’S Ghost Stories for Christmas.

lost-hearts-3

Patty Gurdy is far more appealing!

1 Like

Lip reading,i`m quite good but could do with a bit of improving.

1 Like

I think I’d need classroom lessons.

If you are into the unusual type of instrument, have you encountered the Handpan before?

2 Likes

I haven’t…it makes me think of the top of a steel drum that’s been pushed up if that makes sense?

It sounds a bit like a steel drum but sweeter and more refined.

2 Likes

It’s very relaxing to play and compliments my sitar when played by another.

2 Likes

Grief…a sitar, you must need seriously flexible fingers to play one of those.
Many years ago I worked with someone who’s friend had one of George Harrison’s old sitars, that’s how the story went anyway :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

At the first sing of age related arthritic stiffening (about 7-8 yrs ago), my doc changed my skin meds to something called Otezla due to it’s highly effective anti inflammatory side effects. It’s not licenced for anti inflammatory treatment, but as I was prone to psoriasis, she could prescribe it for me. Otezla has been on the prescribing list since 1995 and I have been taking it since then without any unwanted side effects, plus, my psoriasis has not returned … a win-win situation :+1:

2 Likes

I’m the same. Tutorial videos are handy but to have someone show you, to be able to ask questions would be more advantageous.

1 Like

That is exactly how I mastered the Bandura and I am very grateful to my friend Solomiya for her much needed input :+1:

1 Like

Hands on learning is so much easier and advantageous. Instant answers to any questions that arise

1 Like