What is something that is popular now that annoys you?

He did play pop records before he retired but mostly it was stuff like this:

4 Likes

Defo before my time, however I did have the below on 12inch vinyl

th-2542155024

Hysterical…still brings tears of mirth to my eyes even now, twisted woggle irons, being hung by the poston , picking their bogle’s etc :rofl:

3 Likes

Tik Tok

1 Like

Oh my goodness, not only do I remember that, I can sing it word perfect!

2 Likes

Christmas meals in restaurants

1 Like

Oh nooooooooo, that can’t possibly go into room 101 Maree…
I like to see how many Christmas dinners I can get in before the big day…Mainly at garden centre restaurants…
:yum:

(This mentality seems to be popular.)
These shelter mafia women who shame others for buying a well-bred, stable dog.
Anyone basically who shames others because they have things they worked for. You’re not morally superior to me because you’re poor.

2 Likes

Hugging - I’m very happy to hug my close family and close friends but don’t want to hug people I have just met or barely know .

3 Likes

Same here, keep yer distance Lady :icon_wink:

1 Like

BIG HUG

1 Like

But how will we ever get to know strangers if we never hug them…
:hugs:
I’m up for it…
:sunglasses:

When someone says absolutely when they could just say yes.

1 Like

Tiresome people with Bucket Lists. They simply must parachute or bungee jump, go on a trek to some God forsaken part of the world, have tattoos or piercings, and loads of other bizarre things to do, before they die. Me?, I’ll just take a bucket, as they say in Bonny Scotland! :beer: :beer: :beer:

1 Like

Getting older usually means a bucket list of things you don’t want to happen :laughing:

3 Likes

GREGGS I have had enough of the place, do you remember a year or so ago, you just fancied a Baguette or a Sausage Roll so you nipped in there, grabbed what you wanted off the display and the queue moved at lightening speed, the staff calling next to the third person in the queue, those day are gone.
Yesterday I just wanted two Baguettes, it was only 9.45am so the breakfast folks would have gone and the dinnertime punters would not be around for a couple of hours, so, I went to the sandwich chiller and the choice of Baguettes was abysmal so, I picked up the second choices, I then checked out the queue, there were seven High Viz clad geezers in it, all with special mix and match sandwich requirements, and poncey coffee requests, this meant the two serving staff had to serve one punter at a time, it took 10 mins to get to the counter to pay for two Buns!!!
The world has gone mad, I tell you.

3 Likes

Lip fillers and Botox injections. What a load of :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

You’ve took the words out of my mouth Spitty. It’s the fancy coffee brigade that do the damage. The woman behind the counter has to leave her post to attend the hissing, foaming, steaming contraption on the back wall that would have made James Watt proud, to produce a foamy mug of bitterness topped off with a heart…And my heart sinks when the customer in front orders a Latte or cappuccino for himself and the expectant family occupying the only table in the shop. Whatever happened to shovelling a spoonful of instant stuff into a cup and bunging some hot water into said vessel. I mean, that’s all they do with my tea, just drop a teabag into some luke warm water and pass it over where a decent brew will develop after 30 minutes…

1 Like

Did I mention new cars…
Far too many gadgets and gizmo’s that takes your concentration off the road while you try to figure out what everything does…Too many distractions, cars are meant to get you from A to B not to provide comfy warm record studios and a place to peruse the internet or text your missus or best friend, or both…

2 Likes

My MG had a flat battery. The key fob would not unlock it. Called RAC, they came and told me once the battery goes flat the whole system needs to be reset by a technician. The process took 25 minutes.
Progress? Going backwards me thinks.

1 Like

I always thought that in a world that should be conserving energy, making things simpler using less materials and freeing up space, we are actually making cars bigger, scrapping billions of vehicles before their time in favour of Electric Vehicles, that need new mines opened up in our quest for lithium and cobalt, and filling said vehicles with waste of time and unwanted high tech.
It makes a mockery of ‘Net Zero’

1 Like