What is a good news channel?

Can members recommend a good news channel that is more politically neutral and also gives a broad spectrum of news? I am finding that the BBC News is now full of documentaries with very little news in between. Sky News is full of online presenter opinion debates rather than reporting anything outside the BBC’s scope. Al Jazeera is good but of course the focus is only on the countries they represent. GB news is just right wing propaganda. Plus they still have those awful garish red/blue sets. I think my preference would be listening to LBC, but these days they do have some dire presenters who all seem to be saying the same thing.

So in terms of news I mean online channels from around the world. Deutshewelle used to be good as they had quite a few programmes in English, but I can’t seem to catch them on the satellite link these days. I know someone who listens to CNN while he is working, but I don’t know much about how political they are.

So what news channels do you listen to/watch?

1 Like

I didn`t think there was a good news channel.
All i read and hear is bad news,but hey ho :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Good news is no news …there has to loads of good news .
I read the Guardian online & when I pay the subscription the Telegraph.
Somewhere in between I get a balanced view .
I tend to listen to R4 news as it’s less harrowing than the TV
I like the Nick Ferrari debates on LBC

1 Like

I’m afraid it depemds on your politics.
back in 84 i was involved in the strike.
out picketing in the morning then that evening i would watch open mouthed at the TV coverage of something i had been involved in that morning, it was so heavily edited it was Disneyworld… the order of action arranged to suit the govt…
i met an Irish friend who asked how i was getting on, i told him how i couldnt beleve how the BBC news was reporting things, and when i say things i mean facts… he looked at me and ask “and do you think they have only started doing it to the miners strike?”

these days BBC news only seems to have holiday programmes and documentaries or debates rather than real news.