What I wanted VS what I got! Shoppers share their disappointment after their orders turned out VERY different from what they had in mind

• This had me chuckling away…I haven’t experienced things quite as badly as this, have you?

Oh goodness, some of those (if not all), really are unbelievably bad. :smiley:

1 Like

I am always extremely wary of any advertising photos on models where garments are pinned behind to ensure an excellent fit on the model. I also check all the small print and never buy anything for clearance sales or special promotion days. You only get what you pay for and all promotional sales sell good made down to the seller’s specifications.

If it looks to good to be true, it`s because it is.

2 Likes

It’s the kids and their birthday cakes I feel for. What a let down.
I’ve have a few special cakes made over the years and always go to a good bakery with photos of what I’m looking for, always have a discussion with the person who’s doing the making as well.

1 Like

I wouldn’t buy anything like a cake or something personal like that - too many things can go wrong. If I’m buying anything online, I always dither about, go by the reviews, dither about some more, then buy it if I’m really keen and can’t get it in town.

1 Like

Well said!

1 Like

Man in South Africa teaches impatient woman a lesson.

The man narrated in the post how he was bugged by the woman’s impatience, so he decided to pay for her order in order to teach her a lesson. He continued to the next window, and when the woman found out that he had paid for her order, she was quite embarrassed. “I continued to the next window and she leaned out of her window looking all crazy at me because the teller told her I paid for her food. She felt very embarrassed and avoided my through-the-rear-view-mirror eye contact,” he wrote in the post.

That wasn’t all that that Zenani did. At first, he had simply planned to pay for her food at McDonald’s in order to make her feel guilty. But then, he realised that he had paid for both orders, so at the check-out counter, he grabbed her order too and fled! “When I got to the last window to get my food, I showed the assistant both my receipts and took her food too! I paid for it, it’s mine! Now she has to go around again and wait even longer. She gonna learn today,” concluded Zenani.

1 Like

This seems to be repeating itself 3 times, making a huge post…is it like that at your end? @Cinderella Could you try a wee edit to reduce it at all?

That aside, I bet the woman was furious! :joy: She probably followed him home tooting all the way, never mind going back around to order food!

1 Like

Sorted, she should not be so impatient. He is a comedian, certainly made me laugh. :grin: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you! And yes, I doubt very much she’ll be so ill mannered again! :joy: I liked his “She’s gonna learn today” at the end :+1: Sometimes you just have to get tough on people.

1 Like