What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue?

@Bretrick I would set up and run a large antiques and collectables centre for dealers without their own premises. My problem is, old churches and/or cinemas rarely appear on the property market, but we can all dream.

That is a great idea. Those places that do come up are snapped up pretty quick I would imagine.
What a great venue they would be for your venture.

Yes I think I’d making myself some jewellery with large diamonds, well you did say money wouldn’t be an issue :sunglasses:

1 Like

You would look stunning with a few large Rock about your person as well. :grinning:

1 Like

It’s true I would … diamonds are a girls best friend :wink:

1 Like

I’ve been known to take the odd piccy with my camera now and again. But I tend to mess around with my PC for the most part and started playing around with 3D modelling. One day, I may even be tempted to pick up my guitar, if people can stand the noise.

Yes, it’s an idea I’ve nursed for the past 15 or so years, but on the odd occasion one came up, by the time I got wind of it some other bugga had already snapped it up. Now it’s just a dream as my age is against me finding interested investment partners.

1 Like

Easy!

Powerboating

Have you ever tried The English Longbow Supernatural?
I’ve always fancied a go but I suspect that I’d need to spend some time in the gym working on those arm and shoulder muscles !

1 Like

You two would get on so well with my mate Paul!

He’s really into archery, medieval and making his own bow and arrows! It’s not really an expensive hobby in this part of the country

u

2 Likes

That is impressive Maree.I believe that the original bows were made of Yew.

1 Like

Bugger that! I got shot of my old ex RN tub and I’ve no intention of seafaring again. Dry land for me until the big chimney claims me :fire:

1 Like

A few things. Tinkering with mechanical things. I fixed friends cars, washing machines, retuned our piano - I suppose I had some skills like that. But my long time hobby was photography. I travelled a lot on business, usually on my own at that tine, so I got a camera. That was around fifty years ago when film camera was just 24 frames. Now it is megs.

2 Likes

Ooh @Maree those arrows are looking good.

@Chilliboot I’ve tried my Papa’s long bow around 1972. The only problem was that Papa at the time was 5’9" and his bow was almost as tall. I was only 5’2" and once I reached 16 I turned out to be 5’7".

I’d love a Kevin Costner/Robin of Locksley bow but the cost is bit much for me at the present. I do need to get new arrows with proper wee heads. The ones I’ve got are practice ones and don’t go through the foam target I’ve got. Bouncing all over the place, very frustrating…

I used to hunt rabbits with Papa. Mine at the time was bamboo. Papa had made his longbow out of Oak.

By the time he’d been dead a month in 1974, Mother had sold everything off. I never got the archery equipment nor the signed hockey stick that’d be worth a lot now.

Hubby bought me a PVC recurve from this excellent shop up in Wales. I’ve had it near 10 years now and no warping… From here:

Finally, I don’t understand that where I live, having the highest rates if unemployment, clubs are charging so much. It’s ridiculous, we just don’t have that kind of cash.

I’m looking to get these two items this month on Amazon. Hopefully!

Bit pricey, so I might have to wait a month in-between :slightly_smiling_face:

I’d love to find someone else to shoot with but without transport I’m kind of stuck!

3 Likes

Those are rather technical looking arrows!
Going off at a tangent perhaps but as I look at that picture I can’t help thinking of the film Deliverance.

deliverance_600

I’m sure nothing like this will occur in your garden I hasten to add :wink: :+1:

That poor man that lives ( lived ) nextdoor!

My youngest son is a U.K. longbow champion holding several records
He’s a grand master bowman

6 Likes

Wow… that’s amazing!
Has he ever been on the box Ripple?
Sometimes you see experts demonstrating medieval weaponry in historical programmes.

3 Likes

Wow Amazing. Please pass on my congratulations!

2 Likes

He has being interviewed on local TV and papers.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s impressive, well done him, it’s a fascinating hobby :+1:

2 Likes