What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue?

I would be a wildlife Photographer.
I would have my own Property in the Australian bush and would set up motion activated infra red cameras for the night critters

4 Likes

Not applicable, have many hobbies but they cost a fortune!

2 Likes

I guess taking my photography to the next level, having just bought myself a new camera.

I have always wanted to write books and had a serious attempt some years ago and found I didn’t like the results and it took up too much of my time. I’m also my own worst critic and struggled with ideas.

I used to do electronic engineering as a hobby, but got rid of all my gear many years ago and it would cost too much to pick it all up.

This may sound silly, but I wish I could do DIY as a hobby…but I actually detest doing it.

2 Likes

I would love do do fused glass but I’m still trying to justify the price of a kiln

Or I’d love a little boat, not a yacht of anything fancy, just something to potter about in

1 Like

Owning and enjoying having an e type jaguar . That must be any petrol heads idea of heaven

1 Like

Bretrick animal photography is very rewarding but not always easy

1 Like

Graham

I understand exactly about you being your own worst critic. I feel the same way.
What I think it boils down to is your see a subject before taking a picture and then start to wonder if you could have done it differently. Anyone else would not notice this and accept for what it is. If you stopped querying then it is time to give up.

I can’t abide those “know it alls” when photography is constantly developing with new products and ideas.

Archery club! However being an Aries they expect me to be competitive and I just use it for stress release aka leisure, BUT the costs is ludicrous and a few won’t let you use your own equipment.

We happen to love the recurves we have. Talking about that I’m needing to get new arrows this summer.

Meanwhile I’ve my netting cage and my foam targets. 30lbs recurve longbow style and daughter has camouflage maple leaves recurve for her size at about 25lbs.

PS a few years ago it would have costs £2,000 for a family of four…

1 Like

Do you have any hobbies at the moment?

A little dingy would at least allow you access to the water.

You enjoy cars?

Tell me about it. Extreme patience is required. I know the frustration of trying to photograph
little birds. They rarely stand still. Flitting hither and thither.
These photos of a Splendid Fairy Wren took me two and a half hours.
]

Peek a boo

1 Like

Would have a music studio

1 Like

That would be so good. Making your own music. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Bretrick I would set up and run a large antiques and collectables centre for dealers without their own premises. My problem is, old churches and/or cinemas rarely appear on the property market, but we can all dream.

That is a great idea. Those places that do come up are snapped up pretty quick I would imagine.
What a great venue they would be for your venture.

Yes I think I’d making myself some jewellery with large diamonds, well you did say money wouldn’t be an issue :sunglasses:

1 Like

You would look stunning with a few large Rock about your person as well. :grinning:

1 Like

It’s true I would … diamonds are a girls best friend :wink:

1 Like

I’ve been known to take the odd piccy with my camera now and again. But I tend to mess around with my PC for the most part and started playing around with 3D modelling. One day, I may even be tempted to pick up my guitar, if people can stand the noise.

Yes, it’s an idea I’ve nursed for the past 15 or so years, but on the odd occasion one came up, by the time I got wind of it some other bugga had already snapped it up. Now it’s just a dream as my age is against me finding interested investment partners.

1 Like

Easy!

Powerboating

Have you ever tried The English Longbow Supernatural?
I’ve always fancied a go but I suspect that I’d need to spend some time in the gym working on those arm and shoulder muscles !

1 Like