What have you done in the garden today?

I planted some Woodruff in my woodland area.

1 Like

enjoyed the sunshine, Mrs M did a bit

1 Like

Poop Scooped

I put in 6 more silver beet so I have 18 planted so far this autumn.
Planted violas and impatiens as they lke cooler weather.
Will plant some livingston daiseys under cover of the eaves as they are frost tender.

2 Likes

Painting the fenceā€¦

3 Likes

Mowed the lawn, which is about the absolute limit of my gardening abilities.

3 Likes

Mr A started to cut the grass yesterday, and got distracted by the boat race, so guess who finished it?
Debating whether i should cut back the dead wood from the Fuchsia as it hasnā€™t began sprouting as yet.
Lawn needs edging properly, as long as it stays dry will do this after coffee.

1 Like

Nothing today was doing something else.

2 Likes

Moved a huge timber planter into position ready to half fill with drainage materials. Bought by one of our sons for his Mumā€™s birthday. This means transporting lots of hardcore from elsewhere in the garden. Thank goodness I kept that old wheelbarrow! Lots of large bits of polystyrene too. Then a mixture of decent topsoil and compost and finally next week a small fortune in plants.

3 Likes

had a few drinkies about 4pm, sun still giving some warmth

1 Like

Thought you were going to say "cutting back the dead wood Mr A " :smiley:

1 Like

Mr A may not be great in the garden, but he is an excellent cook - he can stay for a bit longer. :wink:

Nothing outside,but pricked out the tomato seedlings and the rest of the snapdragons, some of the others not doing very well and some more Californian Poppies.

I planted my Sweet Peas out .And my Hawthorne Tree

1 Like

Strimmed grass paths - most of them anyway! It was so lush because of the recent rain. Planted last of onion sets. Lifted some more leeks and cut some tender broccolis. Must prepare potato patches to get seed potatoes planted as well chitted by now. Certainly one of the busiest times of the year. Weā€™ve got some hawthorn and nut bushes to plant but not sure where to put them. Perhaps they can be put in pots until a decision is made.

2 Likes

Nothing today itā€™s raining again.

Yes same here - heavy rain prevents me from working in the garden. Iā€™m itching to get out there.

1 Like

Cut the grass even though the rain had started. Wait for the weather and wait forever these days. A bit soggy but looks better for itā€¦

2 Likes

my garden effort was to clean out the concrete bird bowl and put it out on the patio, so if the weather warms up the little dickie birdies at least have something to drink

2 Likes

Spent a couple of hours cleaning and tidying the greenhouse this morning, got my garden ornaments out and my painted stones in place. Looks so much better now, have sent Himself over to the big Tesco at Wick airport to get me some bags of compost. :grin::+1:
Iā€™m tired out after my exertions earlier. :sleeping:

1 Like