What have you done in the garden today?

Nothing today it’s raining again.

Yes same here - heavy rain prevents me from working in the garden. I’m itching to get out there.

1 Like

Cut the grass even though the rain had started. Wait for the weather and wait forever these days. A bit soggy but looks better for it…

2 Likes

my garden effort was to clean out the concrete bird bowl and put it out on the patio, so if the weather warms up the little dickie birdies at least have something to drink

2 Likes

Spent a couple of hours cleaning and tidying the greenhouse this morning, got my garden ornaments out and my painted stones in place. Looks so much better now, have sent Himself over to the big Tesco at Wick airport to get me some bags of compost. :grin::+1:
I’m tired out after my exertions earlier. :sleeping:

1 Like

Ive potted up a Geranium , that i over wintered in the House,

ive been forking over the flower bed and found Weevle grubs.

2 Likes

K’nackered. Dug over half of my veg plot so I can rotovate and then get potatoes in. Heavy clay soil so back-breaking work.

2 Likes

Emptied one of the dalek compost bins and put it into containers ready for my tomato plants later next month.

1 Like

Perfect weather today for gardening - some more weeding to do, and just finished cutting the grass front and back.
Ah the smell of spring, and freshly cut grass. You can’t beat it!

1 Like

Yes. So warm here today. Neighbour has erected a new fence which is at the bottom of our garden. Looks so much better than the side of an old concrete garage which he knocked down. So we planted a climbing rose which we can train along it and also some foxgloves which had self seeded. So many of them this year.

1 Like

sat and looked at the sunshine, and thought where the hell have you been

1 Like

I changed the obelisk from the plastic one shown standing on the grass to one made out of metal. The rose bush kept pushing the plastic one out of place. A painful task but managed to get it done by wiring the rose bush up tight so it was skinny and then cutting the wire when the obelisk was in place. Got a bruise on the back of my hand where a thorn went into a vein. Bled like a fountain when I pulled it out.

2 Likes

Did some weeding, got a lot of stinging nettle to get up. Got to do it in stages, I’ve pulled a muscle at the top of my abdomen under my ribcage.

1 Like

My hands are covered in scratches and little cuts at the moment - my husband thinks i’ve been in a fight! Sometimes i think the garden, although pretty, can be a danger zone.

I always do the weeding in stages logan - some of those weeds are a devil to tackle.

Rotovating. Done enough for the x100 potatoes to go in. But oh boy is that tiring.
Exercise one - lateral muscles - pulling the starting cord 50 times to get the blooming thing going. Additional vocal chord exercise with extensive free form swearing.
Exercise two - core and deltoids - bouncing the machine over quite solid and quite large lumps of clay-earth hoping to break them down a bit.
Exercise three - shoulders - holding the machine back as it wants to rush over the lawn and so that it digs down to break up the soil to potato planting depth.
Exercise four - biceps - lifting beer at end of the day.

1 Like

You had a good workout then Lincolnshire. :slightly_smiling_face:

all the lawns got mowed, paths in the wild garden got cut out of the long grass

1 Like

Did some more weeding.

Half the potatoes are in, rest tomorrow. If my back holds up.

1 Like