What happened here, very scary

3 Likes

The Hyundai driver must be incompetent or impaired … :scream_cat:

“There were no serious injuries.” That’s the main thing. Let’s hope the Hyundai driver gets full insurance cover.

2 Likes

Shocking incompetence on the part of the Hyundai driver. I hope he/she gets seriously penalised. Of course, I do realise there could be more to this story - the Hyundai driver may have had a heart attack, there may have been a sudden fault with the car, etc. etc.

2 Likes

Do you have doubts? Seems to be a clear case. S/he didn’t give way.

2 Likes

Yes, it is clear from the video that s/he didn’t give way. What is not clear, however, is why. And that is why there’ll be a police investigation, to determine the reason.

3 Likes

Must have been very frightening for the driver of the white convertible, to suddenly have this other vehicle land on top of you.

4 Likes

Shit happens!

1 Like

If it had been a larger vehicle, it could have crushed the driver of the Lamborghini.

2 Likes

Although her reactions after the initial contact do indeed seem inept, in fairness how many of us know exactly what our immediate reactions would have been in that situation? After all, most people don’t do any role play practice (when they learn to drive, nor indeed after passing one’s test) so you can perfect the technique of what you should do after making a poor initial judgrment of pulling out when you shouldn’t havve and which has led to a prang!

2 Likes

It may have been an automatic and the driver became confused and pressed the accelerator instead of the brake…

2 Likes

Good point.

Or maybe she thought her car was going to roll and that the best way to stop this was to get off the wedge. Split second decision. Happens to look like a weird one, but as implied, there but for the grace of god…

1 Like

I didn’t see anywhere that the driver had been identified as a woman?

1 Like

My apologies. Thought I’d read it somewhere earlier in the thread and that someone else thus knew. Evidently not though.

1 Like

Bloody speed bumps !!!

1 Like