What does one wear for Tai Chi?

I’m thinking of going to Tai Chi for Arthritis classes locally. Not sure if I’m up to it but, I’ve had a go with some DVDs and as long as I don’t fall over it might be ok :cry:

My question is, “What should I wear?”
I’m thinking leopard print leggings, a sweat band, leg warmers and a boob tube! :lol:

No seriously, I have no idea what sort of things people wear at these classes. :confused:

1 Like

T shirt and leggings or jogging/track trousers which allow movement…lightweight trainers or soft shoes and a zipped up cardi or sweatshirt/top which you can take off should you get too warm :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh gawd, not got soft shoes, could I wear me slippers with pompoms?

lol well I dont see why not TessA ,its just whatever you feel comfy wearing :slight_smile:

I’d better take the pompos off I think Aysa!
I will see if I have comfy trousers in case I need to lunge :wink:

I wouldnt imagine it will be anything too strenuous TessA …not like an aerobic workout class lol :slight_smile:

Wear some comfortable shoes on your feet i.e. Sketchers pumps are great, Baggy teashirt so you can move around easily and elasticated pants. Go for it so many oldies don’t exercise enough. I/'ve been told being over weight is one thing but being fit is far more important. I am into power walking at the moment anything really to keep your heart rate up. Go swimming several times a week to which is so good for you,

String vest of course, lets ya pores breath. :slight_smile:

I’m no expert but wouldn’t you need to be bare footed?

… and you would be allowed to wear your corn plasters :slight_smile:

:lol::lol:

corn plasters, string vest, bandana and unhinged cringe. :confused:

I’ll have me liberty bodice on Nom, rubber buttons done up snuggly! :wink:

I can do power sitting if that’s any good Panda and power getting up if I have wind!
As for swimming, I hate water, not only is it wet it drowns you. As soon as I get into water I get terrible cramps in my feet and legs and if it gets up to my chest I can’t breathe. :frowning:

Most of the yoga people go barefoot dongle.
In fact, we are not allowed to wear shoes even if we wanted to.
In my Saturday class, we have to leave them on racks in the foyer, not even allowed into the hall wearing them.
In other classes we can leave them round the edge of the hall.

I will find out for sure why, and let you know, but I believe it is because they think they carry outside germs and dirt into their religious building. I take mine of in respect of their belief, it’s no effort after all.

Tess, I used to do Tai Chi years ago but can’t remember if we worse trainers/plimpsolls or barefoot now.
Think I’d dress like Aysa said, trackie bottoms, loose T.shirt and trainers, then watch whether the others take their shoes off or not.

I would imagine it is better barefoot though, the way it is done in their own country.

It was barefoot when I used to go.:slight_smile:

I’d better trim me toe hair, paint toenails and de-crust me athlete’s foot (although that might impress) just in case then! :wink:

Apologies TessA, I got caught in the flow of corn plaster talk.

Of course you’ll be wearing a happy smile.

Not sure about that, a lot of huffing, puffing and, “can someone help me get back up please?” going on I expect!
Although I do have the tendency to roll about laughing hysterically.

How great you are giving this a go!

Now unless you are bent on showing off your newly manicured toes, you can also order Tai Chi slippers online.

Also try going to Amazon and searching “studio wrap shoes.” I have a pair that I like, but I wouldn’t invest in them until you are sure you want to give this a go since you can’t really wear them except for yoga and the like.

Let us know how it goes once your laughter subsides enough for you to get up and get to the keyboard :-D.

http://https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/UQoAAOSwrklVJQtQ/s-l300.jpg