What Does Competitive Mean To You

And have you been competitive?

I don’t think I have been competitive in my life.

I was competitive When I was in a Cycle 24hr marathon, it was for Charity but getting sponsorship for every lap made me get as many laps in as possible .
I was in School sports too,which was competitive ,

1 Like

For me it depends entirely on the situation.

2 Likes

Only on a school Sports Day… :grinning:

1 Like

You probably know what I did for a living. We manufactured power electronics, specifically variable speed drives for the water industry and other applications. In that industry you have to be competitive or another customer will take your business. I mention the water industry in particular. It has to be energy efficient so our equipment had to meet that requirement. Make it even 0.5% too low and the competition would have your guts for garters.

How’s that for competition!

1 Like

No never competitive.

2 Likes

No, that’s why I’m rubbish at sports and team games, I just don’t care about winning and could never understand why putting me with a random group of people and calling us a team meant I’d identify with them and want my team to win.
Also, Monopoly! I always hope I’ll lose as fast as possible :grinning:

1 Like

I would think everyone has been competitve in their life time , when you apply for a job , you are not the only one , so you are competing against others .

3 Likes

very competitive having played rugby for so many years…but only as far as rugby is concerned…I’m not otherwise

Had to be competitive in the job. Liked being competitive on the tennis court and refused to be competitive in other sports and certain situations including competing for girls. :innocent:

Competitive? Never really thought about that word. I have always tried to present the best possible side of myself at job interviews, softball matches, bowling, seminar presentations, crocheting sweaters for family, ceramics…whatever I am doing at the present time.
I try to do the best I can, at the time, given the circumstances. The only one I am trying to best is myself. :grinning:

1 Like

It was me that taught my daughters that there was no such thing as being a good loser. If you lost you just weren’t good enough. It was my ex that destroyed that valuable life lesson by praising them every time they came 3rd or 4th in some event or other.

Yes, I’m competitive, even down to playing “Snakes & Ladders” I have to win (but not by cheating).

I can remember working for a cleaning agency and filled in for some of the girls who were on holiday, unfortunately for them I was such a good cleaner, that they lost their jobs to me, as when I clean I have to do a thorough job, not everyone does that.

I wouldn’t say I was being competitive, just doing what came naturally.

1 Like

Oh crikey, Percy, I never did that, through fear of them thinking they were useless for coming second or third, to much pressure put on them imo.

As long as they did their best I was happy with that…