What do you need right now?

I would like to

“I’d Like to Teach the World to Sing (In Perfect Harmony)” is a pop song that originated as the jingle “Buy the World a Coke” in the groundbreaking 1971 “Hilltop” television commercial for Coca-Cola and sung by The Hillside Singers. “Buy the World a Coke” was produced by Billy Davis and portrayed a positive message of hope and love, featuring a multicultural collection of teenagers on top of a hill appearing to sing the song. The popularity of the jingle led to it being re-recorded in two versions; one by The New Seekers and another by The Hillside Singers, as a full-length song, dropping references to Coca-Cola. The song became a hit record in the US and the UK. The New Seekers song and sold 96,000 copies of their record in one day, eventually selling 12 million total. “I’d Like to Teach the World to Sing (In Perfect Harmony)” climbed to UK #1 and US #7 in 1971 and 1972. The song became a gold record in the U.S., and has also sold over a million copies in the UK. The Coca-Cola Company waived royalties to the song, and instead donated $80,000 in payments to UNICEF. Billboard ranked this version as the No. 93 song for 1972.

Music1 songs

[

I’d Like To Teach The World To Sing (In Perfect Harmony)

The New Seekers

We’d Like To Teach The World To Sing

1 Like

My first wake up walk of the day followed by my first coffee of the day

2 Likes

Nothing at all at the moment.

1 Like

I could use some more prime lenses for my camera and replace some editing software.

But right now, I could use my coffee and chocolate biscuits.

1 Like

In no particular order, a very large Phillip’s head screwdriver that has gone missing, a man in the form of my husband home long enough to help me move some bins I have organized back into the attic, and someone to make me a nice English muffin.

2 Likes

A new back and new legs so I am more mobile :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

A nice cold beer

3 Likes

Similar - a Scrunpy would suit nicely !

2 Likes

I’m on XBox, play with my brothers online every Friday night, beers, wine and loads of banter

1 Like

I’d like a good wig now I’m thinning on top. I’ve always been confident on my looks until the hair fell out, most annoying but grateful for a strong body

1 Like

One of my sons left a PS5 and the latest XBox at my home, for when he comes to visit. It means he doesn’t have to lug the ones he has at his place over to mine. He encouraged me to use them whenever I liked, but for some reason, games consoles just don’t float my boat. No idea why and even I think it’s a bit odd. I do have access to XBox Live on my PC, but I never use it. Maybe it’s because I use my VR headset to play games with the grandkids at the weekend, who also have VR headsets - not enough time left over for consoles, maybe.

1 Like

What do I need Right Now?
A double pole single terminal 12 volt relay…and a PC board socket for the relay…
My drive alarm has packed up and I’m sick of having to un-solder the faulty relay from the printed circuit board each time I have to replace it…
:frowning_face:

3 Likes

Are you able to get one from somewhere?
Or is it too much of a task?

1 Like

Ah cheers Besoeker, I’ve probably got one hidden away in my extensive collection of bits and pieces…It’s finding the time to strip down the control unit and locate the offending relay…
But thanks for asking, I knew you would know what I meant… :+1:
:grin:

1 Like

I’d like a hug, I think…Other than that, a less frantic paced job would be nice. This one is perfect for a 30 year old me, but nowadays…well, the aches and pains are making themselves known :smiley:

2 Likes

Ask and you shall receive Pixie… :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Unfortunately I can’t do anything about the conditions of your employment… :009:

1 Like

Aww thanks Foxy! Much appreciated :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

@Bretrick Not exactly a need, but I do have a burning desire to be invited to play the great pipe organs of this world while I still have all of my faculties.

2 Likes

Could you play like this bloke LongDriver…?
This just blew me away when I stumbled upon it on youtube…
My all time favourite piece of music church style… :+1:

Only if I was given sufficient time to fully absorb the foot movements, otherwise, no😟

1 Like