What do you make from scratch?

Thanks BV! Tho personally I would keep the fat as I believe animal fats are really good for us :smiley:

Now you mention it I feel like some of that too! My niece makes a really nice CCC so Iā€™m gonna have to ask her for her recipe!

Looks good - whatā€™s the recipe Paul!? :stuck_out_tongue:

You have a food point Azz,but i do not like to see the fat,it spoils my meal.

2 Likes

The best thing I can do Azz is suggest having a Google. Iā€™m not being standoffish itā€™s just that Iā€™m struggling to find the particular recipe that I used. I can tell you that it required 2 kilo of wild garlic leaves for just one jar so it was quite potent :wink:

Other recipes call for less garlic and may include hazelnuts, parmesan etc so thereā€™s plenty to choose from.
Oh, and wild garlic season is starting around aboutā€¦now!!!:wink::+1:

2 Likes

Short crust pastry, fruit crumbles, apple pie, Christmas cake and Christmas pudding. Pigs in blankets, they can be bought but not so good.

3 Likes

Nothing lol

2 Likes

My list is endless but a few to get the taste buds going.

Home made boiled ham from the bone, with the remnants used to make pea & ham soup.
Chicken soup from the remnants of a cooked chicken.
Spag Boll.
Shepherds or Cottage pie.

Most are done in the air dryer/pressure cooker with enough for a couple of servings to be freezed.

2 Likes

Anything you can shove in a microwave :smiley:

4 Likes

That looks SO good! :yum:

2 Likes

Thank you Melodie,
It is rather delicious if I say so myself. Probably not recommended on a daily basis, the garlic smell really can kind of saturate the body, not the best way to make new friends!:wink:

2 Likes

Apart from lasagne sheets I make lasagne from scratch.

My neighbour buys a jar of bolognese sauce to add to mince and a jar of cheese sauce but mine is healthier and tastes better.

1 Like

Fish bake, soup, CCC, biryani, cheesecake, and weekend roasts.

I would make Hashmagandy Stew but my Lovely Cousin wonā€™t let me. :blush:

1 Like

Beans on toast. Everything else must be microwaveable and less than 3 minutes. A frozen pizza might be considered on occasions.

4 Likes

lol! Understood! :smiling_face:

2 Likes

I made a veggie fricasee from scratch last night with peanuts and cheese on top. Same recipe Iā€™ve used for years.

1 Like

I made an omlette from scratch last night though I used grated Tasty cheese from Woollies. The cheese went in the bin this morning it was too salty.

Iā€™ve never understood why you canā€™t buy ground cardamom

I buy cardamom seeds rather than the pods to put in rice, adds a lovely flavour and are quite edible being so small.

Iā€™ve not seen those anywhere in the UK. I absolutely love cardamom particularly as a flavouring ingredient in in an orange or lemon polenta cake. Itā€™s so annoying to have to break open pods etc.

Cardamom is also lovely in a yoga tea I used to make as part of the candlelit yoga experience (other ingredients cinnamon stick, cloves, star anise, fresh ginger, black tea and honey)

I can make a mess from nothing according to her who must be obeyed

1 Like

Iā€™ve never really thought about it, perhaps because itā€™s generally used in such small quantities thereā€™s little demand. Like most spices itā€™s nicer when freshly ground/crushed.

1 Like