What do you do with left over food?

Bubbly Squeaks a plenty.
Home made pies are a great way to combine left overs.
Chop finely allsorts, add herbs and spices and wrap in puff pastry for portable/picnic food

1 Like

No cooks in this house but we can put it in the same bin as the garden waste.

1 Like

Depends what it is, often it goes in the fridge for later but the dog sometimes gets it.

2 Likes

Left over food? What’s that?

6 Likes

Either freeze it or make a stew/curry/chinese/pie.

1 Like

I had the rest of the salmon this morning…

1 Like

No leftover food. It’s just that some hangs around for a while before being eaten. Turkey meat can go into sandwiches or curries long after Christmas Day. The surplus of Christmas Day roast potatoes, parsnips and pigs in blankets tasted great when I warmed them up on Boxing day.

1 Like

Bones, scraps etc sometimes go into the slow cooker for stock with some seasoning but that’s about it :+1:

1 Like

And this afternoon I had the rest of the home made pie. A wee bit sweet for my liking but I ate it anyway.

1 Like

Just had the rest of a leftover spicy lamb stew for lunch heated in the microwave. These kinds of things often taste better heated up a day or two later. Cold roast potatoes also make a good addition to a salad.

1 Like

A bit of roast chicken or something is saved for a sandwich. More will be warmed in white sauce spiced and served with rice.

1 Like

Bones, being cooked bones, are no good. You need proper bones for stock. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Stop being posh!
The topic was about using leftovers, better than nothing :wink: :+1:

1 Like

Sometimes the leftovers are better than the original.

2 Likes

You’ve summed up my culinary skills in a single post Besoeker, must try harder :wink:

2 Likes

You need to borrow the neighbours dog and ponce a free bone off your local butcher.

2 Likes

Turkey and ham pie this evening (just added onions, leeks and some mustardy white sauce, plus a lid!)

4 Likes

Sounds like a good basis for making a Sausage!

1 Like

I don’t know. Super @Furryanimal is the expert.

2 Likes

I’ m not sure the next door neighbour’s dog would make a very nice stock and wouldn’t the butcher miss one of his bones - especially in his arm!

1 Like