What do you do when a love scene comes on in a movie your watching?

I don’t mind bonking scenes at all, I don’t mind lesbian love scenes but I do have to look away if two men are kissing or making out.

Can’t help it, that is just me.

3 Likes

Simply not good enough… I’m sure there’s a course/ training programme available that you may be enlightened.

2 Likes

I’m not very interested in lesbian love scenes, but I have no problem with male/female love scenes if I fancy the lead actor. I wasn’t impressed with most of the Game of Throne love scenes for this reason, but the John Snow /Ygritte love scene was quite something. You could feel the chemistry & sparks between then and now of course they are married.

2 Likes

Hi

Any love scene which includes Ms Kidman is definitely going to be watched by me.

1 Like

Titanic…Kate Winslet did a good job :+1:

2 Likes

I always seem to have a smile on my face.

:040:

2 Likes

A street Bird is always more appealing than a TV star, for some reason. :icon_wink:

1 Like

I used to find bonking scenes quite embarrassing when my young adult stepsons were at home - so did they, I think!
It’s not the kind of stuff you want to watch with your parents or children.

If a film shows brief graphic sex scenes when I’m home alone, I can live with it - I still avert my eyes, though - maybe pick up my iPad and check out the the threads on OFF until the gasping and groaning has subsided! :rofl:
If it gets too graphic, I go into “Barbara Woodhouse mode” and switch off the TV or change channel! :rofl:

3 Likes

Yes, those times are good for a comfort break or a cup of tea. :grinning:

What makes you think that the others are not honest, Bob? I never minded these scenes and still enjoy them especially if I like the actress and nips can be seen. Don’t mind lesbian scenes either but wouldn’t want to see longer gay scenes. I don’t leave the room or look away, though.

1 Like

Yes boot, that’s what I do…
:shushing_face:

Whatever lights your fire I suppose :wink:

It’s a forum Dachs, and can be viewed by anyone, even none members, and people don’t want you to get the wrong impression or risk being called a ‘perv’…
I don’t much care and prefer honesty over what people think. I wouldn’t want anyone to be disappointed or get the wrong impression of me if we met. I guess I’m just an open book…
I don’t mind lesbian scenes (two women is fine) but when it’s two blokes on a soap before the watershed it gets a bit annoying. At least if we were warned about it we could make the decision to turn it off.

On reflection I’m struggling to think of any love scenes that are in my favourite films.

The only one that occurs to me is in Quadrophenia which is probably not up everyone’s alley.

Many years ago I was driving my then teenage daughter and her friends somewhere in my people mover, I was listening to a cassette of Frank Zappa’s Zoot Allures. Afterwards my daughter storms up to me, “Don’t you ever play Franks Zappa when my friends are in the car again”. I asked why, “THAT track”. Turns out she was referring to “The Torture never Stops” so I told her the title. “Dad, it’s Frank Zappa, it’s always about sex”. Perceptive beyond her years.

After that I was careful to only play the Beatles when her friends were in the car.

1 Like

Projectile vomiting - sorry but just can’t help it - my shrink tells me I will eventually get over it once the tabs click in and I’ll just gulp - oh I do hope so - I’m fed up of cleaning up the tv screen everytime!!

1 Like

Are you sure the mess on the TV screen is vomit Gummy?
:nerd_face:

yup not strong enough for aught else these days

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that Gummy…
You can’t beat a good western though, none of that sloppy stuff…
:movie_camera:

Laya Raki always used to make my fuse smoulder :+1:

1 Like