What Colour Lipstick Do You Use?

Most of my favourite colour lipsticks get discontinued and l have to find another brand of a similar colour.

I am now using Rimmel Sugar Plum. Rimmel is not my favourite brand but it has the colour l like.

So l ask, what colour lipstick do you use? Or, don’t you use lipstick?

This is Sugar Plum…

White

:smiley:

d00d, You must stop kissing and you wouldn’t need Lypsyl! :lol:

Haven’t used makeup of any type for years.

Don’t use lipstick … I just give my lips a little nibble if and when I want to look alluring :-p

At the moment Zovirax!

Maybelline “Summer pink”.

I hate when they stop making a favourite colour! You find something perfect that isn’t too overpowering and goes with your skin tone and then it disappears. There’s never any warning.

Rimmel Sugar plum has been around forever. It’s a nice colour and I had some in my twenties. It’s a little dark for me for everyday use.

It’s so difficult to find lipstick shades if you have ivory skin tone. Most shades are too overpowering. But the nudes are just a waste of space. I have the same problem with foundation and blusher.

I like to wear a medium rose colour and just looking in my bag I have two in there at the moment - Bourjois, Rose pompoeme and No.7 Berry Shine. Upstairs in my stock I must have about 20 lipsticks started of various makes, but the funny thing is they all seem to look the same colour - rose. :lol:

Morti, if you would let someone else do the nibbling, you’d look even more alluring…:wink:

I am using right now Lancome Sugared Maple (sheer) or Love It (cream).

They are both in the nude lines…

I wonder how long some people keep their lipsticks for?
Here’s some info that might surprise you:

Quote:

When to toss:

Lipstick doesn’t hold much bacteria, so it can last between 12 – 18 months. Although lipstick and gloss are packed with preservatives such as parabens, essential oils and vitamins to ward off germs, these naturally start to break down after a year.

Expiry signs:
Any beading of moisture, funky smells or chalky texture means it’s time to [B]toss.

How to protect:[/B]
Store your summer hue in the fridge. Keeping lipstick and gloss away from heat slows the breakdown of ingredients. Also, don’t apply lipstick straight after eating – it cultivates bacteria.

Some more info here on how long to keep other cosmetics safely for:

I don’t use any lipstick and never have :slight_smile:
I tried it and didn’t like the feel of it the same with nail varnish.

I love that colour - I’m going to get some.

I have a variety of lipsticks in all shades.

Nice! :023:

I use a very similar colour, Rimmel Amethyst Shimmer. Not really using it at the mo, no point when we have to wear masks!

Me neither .

I love Rosy Pinks , they go with my skin tone.
That Maybelline one looks nice I will look out for it next time I am in Town.
I also like * Burts Bees* lip salve in Sweet Violet ,which does two things ,give a nice healthy look to my lips and also moisturises them

Amethyst Shimmer brings back memories of my teenage years! Dancing around handbags with the mates in very high heels and thinking we were cool & moody :slight_smile: It went well with the eyeliner that was so in vogue.

I rarely wear lipstick but if I do it’s in between pink and red, Lol, I need to look up the colour now! …toddling off to me make up bag

In view of the link that Mups put up I think I am going to have to overhaul all my make-up. I know a lot of it will be old and out of date. Hasn’t done me any harm but I never realised it went out of date so quickly. I have some Clarins foundation which must be at least five years old. :surprised: