What book are you currently reading?

For anybody who likes historical fiction can I recommend Norah Lofts’ trilogy The Town House, The House at Old Vine and The House at Sunset. The story of a house and its occupants from medieval times up until about the 1940s. The 3 books need to be read in order. They are available on Amazon in paperback, or Kindle form. At the moment they are on offer for free with Kindle Unlimited if you subscibe to Amazon Prime. Also on Audible. Another of my absolute favourites!

I’m reading one called Fourteen Days by fourteen different authors–theme quarantined during Covid…

I have just finished a book by Frieda McFadden called “The Housemaids Secret” It follows on from “The Housemaid”.

Its an easy read, crime thriller-ish with a twist. I haven’t been reading for quite a while, so these two books have got me back into the swing of it now.

Beatrix Potter Drawn to Nature

1 Like

Just finished *Fourteen Days a collaborative novel by fourteen different authors. Premise? During Covid, residents of a rundown building in New York meet nightly on the rooftop to share stories.

Really interesting trying to guess who wrote what…some came as a surprise.

On my trip I have finished All the Light We Cannot See and Where the Crawdads Sing am currently reading Dark Music by the bloke that carried on the Millennium Series - David Lagercrantz (sp?)

The first two mentioned were excellent Dark Music I am only halfway through so can’t comment but I think it is better than his Millennium books

Acquired another Inspector Morse book quite reasonably from a NT bookshop when on a short holiday recently in Norfolk. Three stories in one book and a hardback. So have just finished the second ‘The Wench is Dead’. Morse becomes interested in a nineteenth century case which turns out to be a miscarriage of justice whilst he is recovering in hospital.

Santa Montefiore ~ The Gypsy Madonna

The reluctant Caregiver by Devon Ervin

I like to try different authors - currently I am reading “Too Much Trouble” by Matthew Doggett (not an author I have read before). Can’t say it is really grabbing me - the “hero” finds himself in the middle of a cartel war - but is himself a drug addict. I will keep going but unless it improves a great deal I won’t be buying any more by this author.

I’m still struggling with this one, big time!

Very deep, one day I might actually finish it.

I just bought a Harlan Corben book Think Twice.

Have enjoyed so much of his stuff on TV that I thought it was about time I read one of his books. Picked it off the “New Releases” shelf

I am in the middle of a Val Mcdermid book at the moment but has anybody else read any of Harlan Corben books? Are they a good read?

1 Like

Yes, been reading Harlan Coben for about 5 years now. A lot of his books are being made into mini series on the tv
He is good.

1 Like

Dick Francis 10lb Penalty

The Devil’s Backbone - Kim Wozencraft

A couple of blurbs;
Utterly compelling
You won’t put this book down until the final shattering pages

I am 78 pages in of a 341 page book. Nothing has grabbed my attention as yet. Though I will persevere.

Blackwater, by James Henry.
Detective Story.
only about an hour in but enjoying it.

download

The Da Vinci Code.

Wonderful read. Movie is released August 9th! Can’t wait to enjoy it.

I just finished reading The Women by Kristen Hannah and it was a really good book, well written.