What are you starting to like less and less the older you get?

People behind me in queues with loud, irritating voices. The more, l move forward, the more they move right behind me again.
One today, behind me in the till queue at a garden centre. He saw the baubles by the till and asked his wife if she needed more baubles for Christmas.
She said, No, they’d got loads of baubles but he still went on and on about them… then it was, did the daughter need some?

Please, Please, Go away, you’re boring!!

3 Likes

Cold weather.The older I get the more clothes I have to put on.

1 Like

I usually sit in the garden with a cup of tea around 11:00 while Max devours his dentstick. Usually jumper weather but today I had my light jacket on.

1 Like

After my senior’s meeting yesterday I was reminded of one that drives me up the wall.

There are a few that want to tell you every tiny detail about their ailments, symptoms, hospital visits whether you ask or not. I can sympathise if they are, or have been sick, but that is all I need to know, frankly I don’t care about what the doctor said, how long they stayed in hospital, the precise details of their illness, what it stops them doing, what their daughter/son said or did about it, who else has the same ailment, what the prognosis is etc.

They are acquaintances not bosom buddies for gawd’s sake. (intolerant or what?)

As for doof doof car audio systems, I don’t mind them but as I remarked to one of my sons it would have been a damn sight cheaper to get a mate to sit in the tray of his ute and bang on the roof with a rubber hammer.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t that be dying?

1 Like

People who sit near me unnecessarily.
Coming home the other day saw a nice pub and decided to go in .
It had just opened and was large at least 50 + tables inside .
We chose one and sat down with our dog .
A couple came in she had one of those high irritating voices .
They got their drinks and came and sat right next to us .
They had to climb over our dog !
She then rattled on and on
GRHHHH!
I felt like taking her by the throat .

3 Likes

Muds, that sounded like a good conversation opportunity. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi

Being treated like an idiot and being spoken to loudly and slowly as though I cannot be expected to understand either the question or what is going on.

4 Likes

I’ve to much living to do to be thinking about dying :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Neighbours

People who let their dogs bark constantly yet still talk over them

3 Likes

The realisation that I’ve got a lot more years behind me than in front of me. Things upset me more than they used to.

I had my 70th birthday recently and find I keep thinking “I can’t be 70”.

5 Likes

I know exactly what you mean swimfeeders! Whenever I accompanied my mother to appointments the conversation would be directed at me rather than her until she told them in no uncertain terms that she was the patient and to address her rather than me. It was a few years ago now but I’ve never forgotten it and have decided that if that should happen to me then the same response would be appropriate. Hopefully you also tell them that you’re not an idiot and to speak to you properly!

2 Likes

I was trying to think of what I really loved as a child and comparing it to what I feel now. Strangely the one thing that fit that criteria absolutely was going to the cinema. It used to be a big thing, now I don’t want to go, it will turn up on television at some point and I will enjoy it then.

2 Likes

One good thing about the cinema a today ( apart from the fact it costs an arm and a leg ) is that you don’t have to put up with creeps smoking next to you .
This ruined treats to the cinema a for me as cigarette smoke makes me feel very sick and makes your hair and clothes smell .

But you can’t beat the big screen the best film I ever saw at the cinema was The magnificent Seven .

Fantastic .

2 Likes

Them that insist on splashing it all over … perfume ,aftershave fragrances ughhhh .
I don’t know what’s worse the unwashed or the heavily fragranced.
Exspecially on public transport . I get nauseous :face_vomiting:
Or in a lift , it’s empty except for the mighty pong .

1 Like

Agreed Ripple, if you can sense their fragrance, you can sniff their germs, good early warning system, maybe?

2 Likes

Sometimes it’s so strong I can taste it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

It’s not natural, I prefer the Skunk approach.

1 Like

Snap! :pensive:

1 Like

I turned 70 the day before the Queen died. It’s a great age

1 Like