What are you baking today?

Hi

Made Ice Cream Bread earlier with the littlies.

A recipe from Australian Masterchef…

Thanks RN,…they look even better when cut into squares,…those cookies sounds lovely,I do the same as you,share with neighbour and a friend,:slight_smile:

You are all welcome,to tuck into,the egg,sausage and bacon pie,served with new potatoes,tossed in butter!

Enjoy!

Ain’t I rotten,teasing you like that!.:lol::mrgreen:

That looks lovely Pauline :slight_smile: just need some chopped parsley on the potatoes :cool:

Thank you,Meg.

Chopped parsley sounds nice.

I tried making a cheese and potato pie yesterday. A disaster. It ended up in the bin. As I have said before, I am the world,s worst cook. I can even burn water. Thank goodness for ready meals. I,d starve without them.

I think like anything big ben,…especially if it’s baking,…you have to have a passion for it!..like Meg,I loooovvveeee baking,it also saves me tons of money,as I freeze a lot.

Sorry to hear about you’re cheese and potato pie,
Have you ever tried YouTube for recipes?
It’s a good place to visit,because they show you how to cook it,
If they go to quick I just pause the vid,:slight_smile:

I watched a butterless sponge recipe on YouTube ,followed their instructions,yum,yum!..best sponge I have ever baked.

Thanks I will try U Tube . Ready meals are OK but they are rather bland.

I have just made a Australian mince and cheese pie,that I found on YouTube,

I have eaten half,with new potatoes tossed in butter and chopped parsley,can you see the melted cheese in the pie?..I want to eat the other half,it is so delicious !..I must save it for tomorrow .

The potatoes are jersey royals,from Lidl,…great taste!.

The pastry was a hot water crust pastry!.

The pastry was very quick and easy peasy to make.

Not meat eaters but if you like a good open tart with pastry we are having Homity pie today with a salad and a mustard and wine vinegar dressing…the recipe I use is from my trusty cranks recipe book from the 60’s…best when warm…make and leave to cool…starving already…

My goodness Pauline, just read through all the posts. Your cakes and other goodies look absolutely delicious! My tummy is rumbling just looking at those lovely pictures.

For some good old fashioned rib stickers Pauline darlin’ - try this:

BREAD PUDDING

ingredients

6 - 8 slices (stale???) bread
4 - 6 oz Dried mixed fruit
2 (large) eggs
3 - 4 oz (dark) Muscavado sugar
1/2 Pt fresh orange juice
Cinnamon
Allspice
Mixed Spice

METHOD:

Rip bread into small pieces and place in a mixing bowl. Add the orange juice and allow bread to absorb the juice. Add the eggs and dried fruit and stir. Add the sugar and spices and stir vigerously once more. Pour/scrape the ingredients into a shallow oven dish (a pyrex dish is perfect for this). Place in a warm (190 o C) for approx 50 - 60 mins until cooked. Allow to cool for a while and can be served either warm (NB - warm NOT hot) or cold. Delicious warm in a dish with custard too.

Thank you,Shropshiregirl,

Do you like baking?

I have a steak and ale pie,cooking as I type.

the problem is,I give a lot of what I have baked away!
to friends!.:lol::lol:

I love to please,when it comes to food!.:slight_smile:

I made a chocolate bread and butter pudding last week,with mixed fruit soaked in rum overnight!

I had to freeze most of it,as far too many calories !.:slight_smile:

Steak and Ale pie,straight from the oven!

They do take time to prepare,as the meat has to be cold before it goes onto the pastry,

Well worth it though,you can not beat home made pies,

And the best pastry for meat pie,IMO ,is hot water crust.!

Looks lovely Pauline :slight_smile:

Thank you,Meg!.

Remember the egg ,bacon and sausage pie,very disappointed in that,the egg made the pie very dry!

Do you make hot water crust pastry,Meg,I’m sure you do,so easy to make!

Have you been baking lately?:slight_smile:

I could talk about baking all day!

Makes a change from religion I guess!.:lol::lol::mrgreen:

I have just made x2 lemon drizzle loaves…I like to add,sultanas,cherries at the end…plus I soak the top with lemon juice ,mixed with granulated sugar,once the cake has cooked.

i never buy shop bought,as they are far to expensive …plus they don’t taste as good as home made…