What are you bad at doing?

We all like to mention those things we are good at, but what about those things we are not so good at?
I’m bad with finances, housework, painting/drawing, keeping fit. Well the list is endless to be honest.

1 Like

Can’t think of anything off hand Bretrick… :017:
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Once again, I am with Foxy

2 Likes

I’m very good at doing Blighty’s duty :icon_wink:

2 Likes

Nice reply that. I love confidence in people. :slightly_smiling_face:

You and Foxy sure are a pair of… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Peas in a pod :smiley:

1 Like

I’m useless at, and utterly bored by, maths, physics, chemistry, musicology, and anything based on these - just to name a few.

1 Like

According to my wife, doing the washing up and hoovering.

Mine is cooking, absolutely useless in the kitchen. I would hate to be single again! :open_mouth: :astonished:

1 Like

Scrambled eggs, fried rice, pasta carbonara, spaghetti and meatballs, Sausages with mash potato, Mac and Cheese, (3 ingredients).
All very simple to cook meals.

Singing.
Tidiness.
10 pin bowling.
Cooking steak.

1 Like

There must be an assumption in the question that it’s something I want to be good at. I’m bad at sheep herding, but since I don’t want to ever do that, I’ll leave that off my list. There are a lot of things I’m probably not skilled at because I don’t care about them.

There are a few things on my list that I’d like to learn. I want to learn to make an awesome apple or fruit pie. I’ve watched tutorials on it endlessly. I want to be able to tailor a suit. I can sew a suit jacket, but I wanted to be better at it. I’m not sure that’s still on my list. I used to love making bread in a bread machine. At that time, I couldn’t make a great bread in a stand mixer, so that was on the list.

1 Like

Concentrating,my mind easily wanders off…

2 Likes

@Bretrick I was and still am unable to keep quiet when I see some macho brute loudly trying to belittle his female companion out in public. In my younger days at 6’ 6" and build like the proverbial brick out house, most would immediately back off, but now I’m old and somewhat narrower plus slightly bowed, I occasionally get told to ‘back off old man’ but at least it stops the brute in his tracks.

1 Like

typoes

Decisions

I’m quite the opposite Mr Smith. I tend to concentrate more on the trivial things (or so I’ve been told) and ignore the important ones. Well in my defence, the things I concentrate on are not trivial to me…
:nerd_face:
I’m not being cocky when I say there is nothing that I’m bad at (well perhaps a little bit cocky) but I will have a go at anything, and I will persist until I get it right.

It’s not that you are bad at them Dachs, you just have no interest in them or you would probably give them your best shot. And remember the old adage…Practice makes perfect…

3 Likes

I am bad at keeping my mouth shut when listening to peoples utter bulls…t

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure I’d be useless at plastering a ceiling but I’ve never tried it so I don’t know. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Thanks, Bob, for comforting me. That sounds flattering but you’d have to consider that I’m quite slow on the uptake. There are natural limits, you know. Besides, what I noticed at some point was that maths is foundational. If you miss one component, you won’t be able to master the next one. I missed many at an early stage because maths didn’t provide the answers to the questions I was having. So I fell behind and never managed to catch up. You’re right, I was not interested. I always thought that dealing with it was a waste of time. Just saying…

2 Likes