What are you an odd bird about (or are you)?

I personally think that is a smart move. :+1:

1 Like

I would say that I always write everything down, rather than use an app or my phone to remind me. I end up having lots of bits of paper, which I collate into a notebook. I then make an index, with cross referencing. I know there are apps which could likely do that, but I adore lists and organising information, so I don’t think using an app would give me the same feeling of a job well done.

2 Likes

Forgot to mention that it’s not very uncommon. There have been a couple threads in the last month where a bunch of people have said they don’t have a smartphone. This one came to mind.

1 Like

I do that too. You might like bullet journaling. It’s basically lists put in a notebook.

I’ve got files everywhere. I have a calendar that I color code and write down everything including writing this thread and posting in it. :069:

1 Like

I did try bullet journalling but I just couldn’t get into it the way everyone else seems to do. :frowning: Its weird. Maybe its another odd thing, haha!

1 Like

Same here. The thing for me was that the folder started getting too heavy. I got tired of moving it around. So it was back to putting things in files or paper clips or binder clips.

I have a box and carry it about to the room I am working in… it just posted before I had finish…is somebody saying keep it short then?

It is mainly cheap printing paper and also contains mostly music links songs anything music wise and then Ancestry notes…

2 Likes

Get some wheels on that, makes life easier! :+1:

2 Likes

I’m using printer paper also. I tried composition books because they were cheap, but they don’t have the flexibility to add and move around the pages that I need.

Hmm, maybe we need a notetaking styles thread. I’ll think on that.

1 Like

Have you heard of Commonplace books?

2 Likes

There is nothing odd about me. Someone once remarked that not having cleaned my windows for 40 years was a bit odd.

However I agree with Robert Owen, "All the world is queer save thee and me, and even thou art a little queer. "

2 Likes

Everything. :partying_face:

2 Likes

I keep a diary
I know EXACTLY what’s coming…

1 Like

Oops wrong thread!!!

1 Like

I don’t turn my mobile phone on, unless I need to call someone, or unless I am expecting a call from someone. I also do not do texts. So if someone sends me a text, I know it’s not worth looking at, as I never use them, so no one who knows me sends one.

2 Likes

Same. I leave my phone on but have my ringer off. At one time, I had my texts blocked. Now I just don’t look at them.

2 Likes

I did ,but don’t have a mobile phone to use now. I had to phone up and get them to update something or other and they said by tomorrow it will be ok to use again…yawn…yawn they did not,and now my sim is dead…

I don’t have a smart phone. I normally have my ‘dumb’ phone off or forget to switch it on, unless I know someone is going to text me. But sometimes that falls foul.
For instance I didn’t know someone was trying to get hold of me texting. They had been trying to get hold of me for 3 days, until in the end they contacted my daughter on facebook thinking something had befallen me. (which was rather nice :slightly_smiling_face:).
She in turn contacted me to let me know and to switch my bloody phone on :grinning:

I don’t shop online. I don’t bank online. I don’t order online. I don’t order my prescription online. I don’t give meter readings online. I don’t give my email out to anyone except friends.
In fact I don’t do anything online except this forum and reading the news or looking sommat up or emailing.

1 Like

Excellent post Pesta! Pretty much the same as me. A very basic phone I rarely use, don’t shop on line, But I do have a couple of other forums one being electrical.

2 Likes

I also don’t bank online. My father in law worked in IT & always told me that I was silly not to trust online banking, as it was perfectly safe.Then one day whilst visiting he needed to gain access to his bank, could not, so went to the loo, saying I’ll try later. By the time he had got back, I had hacked his account. He now understands my concerns. :upside_down_face:

With prescriptions. I have opted out of all data sharing at my GP’s & told them multiple times I will collect my prescriptions. And I am now involved in a data protection complaint against them for sharing my data with a pharmacist & there is lots of data on a prescription.

I also have several email addresses ready to share, if forced to do so. I am then able to drop those disposable email addresses at will.

1 Like