What's your note taking style and how do you organize your life notes?

Continuing the discussion from What are you an odd bird about (or are you)?:

In another thread, we’ve been talking about notes and bullet journals and ways to carry around our notes.

What’s your style of keeping all the information in your life sorted?

1 Like

Pixieknuckles, this is so fantastic! I’ve never seen this before. I don’t have all the scraps of paper but I do like the concept of adding bits and pieces from everywhere to make a journal. What a great idea! :026:

2 Likes

This is why bullet journalling didn’t really work out for me…I do this. Its brilliant! :joy:

1 Like

I do think this is actually bullet journaling. The whole idea of bullet journaling is to do what works for you. It looks intimidating with some people’s pretty pictures but it’s supposed to just be a way to organize the things in life in lists. Whatever lists works for you is what’s important.

They say that if something doesn’t work in a bullet journal, then get rid of it.

What works for you is putting pieces together in one place. Brilliant.

1 Like

I think for me, I find it easier to work it in weekly segments. So for example I have little notebooks that I fill with everything in that week, date the cover and file it. That way I don’t end up with a backbreaking lever arch ringbinder that I can’t find anything in. I put the weekly jotters in a monthly file (I know…its bad! heh!) and date that.

1 Like

Not disciplined enough to keep a diary or a journal - but, because I am a keen writer, I am a compulsive note taker. There is always a notebook and pencil within reach where ever I am at. I also keep a ‘common place book’ with poems, quotations, odd sayings, pictures, song lyrics, and stuff of no interest to any but me!

2 Likes

Some folks need to get a Bike. :laughing: :biking_man:

Not really one for note taking had enough of that through my MoD life.

Occasionally I use notes on my iPad.

1 Like

Oooh you worked for the MoD? You really are Captain then! :joy:

Sorry can neither confirm or deny that :joy::zipper_mouth_face:

Ugh, one of those “If I tell you then I’ll have to kill you” types eh? My goodness :roll_eyes: :joy:

1 Like

Good for you! My mother was excellent at that.and her written work was copper plate. Not I.

1 Like

We had to sign the Official Secrets Act…You do not get to undo, that ever… :innocent:

2 Likes

But that was aaaaages ago though…you can tell me now, its fine, I won’t say :zipper_mouth_face: :shushing_face:

1 Like

Once signed you are covered by the official secrets act for life 🥷

2 Likes

Yeah yeah I know :roll_eyes: But honestly, who would even know? We are all under assumed names, secret identities…its fine, no problem…she says, dismissively

2 Likes

I have no secret identity or assumed names that really is me :innocent:

I keep a diary…
I know EXACTLY what’s coming!

1 Like