What Appliance or item do you use

If we count IT then my phone and my tablet. Then the kettle šŸ«–

1 Like

You beat me to it!! :wink:

Kettle, then home PC, electric tin opener, hob & grill. Not necessarily in that order, apart from the kettle, that is always first thing in the mornings for my coffees.
goodmorning12

nescafe_original_instant_coffee_300g_28542_T1

2 Likes

I truss all is well in that department mate :wink::ok_hand::+1:

2 Likes

Yeah, a dunny or crapper leaves nothing to the imagination :wink:

1 Like

Yes thanks. As they say nothing worn under the kilt :clown_face:

2 Likes

ā€¦ ā€¦ in windy weather they clanged together and sparks flew out of his arse, boom boom :grin::wink::ok_hand:

2 Likes

Chris Dawson grew up in Plymouth and opened his first store just 3 or 4 miles from where I live. He called it, absurdly, Chris Dawson Superstores International Ltd. That always made people around here laugh, it really was so Del Boy. It was a bit of a ramshackle place back in the day, as I remember, but has since been completely overhauled, with a huge new extension, and is now a very nice store to have a browse in.
A few years ago his new flagship store opened in Derriford, Plymouth, grandly called ā€˜Global Headquartersā€™. He called the building itself Elsie Margaret House. I had to Google that name to see who this famous person was that he was honouring. Turned out it was his mum :blush:

2 Likes

A type of car made by Dacia.

1 Like

My most used appliances? My sewing machine was my first thought, but then I thought of my Ninja Foodi, which is used every day, sometimes a few times a day!

But on reflection, probably the thing I use most is my iPhone, because I use it to check OFC, my emails, WhatsApps, the weather forecast, play the odd games on when Iā€™m waiting for something/someone, read my e-books if I donā€™t have my Kindle with me. It has multiple uses!

1 Like

I actually spent most of my working life based in Watford but I am a Scotsman. hence the ā€œcludgieā€ comment.

2 Likes

He started with CDS I believe. I loved that store, it was so cheap & so untidy. :grinning:
I have been to The Range near Derriford several times, but preferred the old CDS.
Bit like Trago, that was good when it was an untidy mess, then they tarted that store up.

1 Like

Well, I donā€™t have an iPhone, I do have a very basic mobile but rarely use it.

4 Likes

Yes, thatā€™s right, CDS Superstores International Ltd., the CD being his initials. Remember the radio ad? CDS says Yes!

And yes, I know what you mean about the old store - it was like an indoor marketplace, all a bit of a jumble. You always felt youā€™d find a bargain there. Bit like Chaplins round the corner from us - ever been there? If you liked the old CDS, youā€™d love Chaplins!

Yes, Bathsheba & Chaplins, though even that has been tidied up too.

1 Like

Chris Dawson went from being a market trader, to being a billionaire, quite an incredible achievement,when he didnā€™t start learning to read until he was 27, he was also dyslexic I believeā€¦certainly had a business brainā€¦founder of the rangeā€¦he also showed us round his home on YouTube I believe it was, I canā€™t remember,a very down to earth man ,by all accounts.

1 Like

Got 5 likes too, must be the right attitude!
Youā€™ll, love my coaster I think, Iā€™ll just give it a wipe before I take a photo! :innocent:

2 Likes

TV remote, mouse, keyboard.

1 Like