What accomplishment are you most proud of?

It’s about the thought pattern, if you ain’t careful, that can finish you off, quicker than any organ failure!!!

1 Like

Probably my children. They have good degrees and have continued in life very well so yes, I am proud of them. But, much earlier in life, they were excellent. A little tale. I liked white chocolate and I got one from the fridge. My son, about aged four at the time, asked for a piece. I gave it to him. He broke it into three pieces, one for himself and two each for his sisters. What can I say…

2 Likes

I supose looking back over ones life there are quite a few things to be proud of and others not so. As the heading asks for one quote" Accomplishment to be most proud of" one has to stick with the heading.

2 Likes

Definitely, attitude plays a big part in our lives and health.

Your son showed early on what path his life would take. Caring and sharing.

Help save a family of 3 that fell through the ice in their car. It was MANY years ago but I did get a Red Cross rescuer award.

5 Likes

Forgiving my father!

Dumping the venom of my tiresome decades of telling people how bad he was, with me, or towards me. Two years ago, I had a dream that was every bit as clear as this monitor screen. It was my dad, in a dark two-piece suit and a pale shirt. I initiated a hug between us…a thing we never did. That was no dream!

I woke up, later that day, and decided I’d forgive my dad, knowing all the bad stuff he’d been through and that he was, as was/am I, a human with human weaknesses.

Forgiving him took a load off one of his shoulders, and a load off one of mine.

1 Like

Carrying such a burden for many years would have had a very negative impact on you.
Holding on to negative stuff is a dead end street.
So pleased that you made the decision to forgive your father. Now you can move on so much lighter in mind and spirit.

1 Like

Its probably better if forgiveness is a progressive thing, not an immediate cognitive process, its possible to question immediate change of perception further down the line.

2 Likes

Pleased for you Ian :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Other than my 2 sons …one lead me a merry dance :wink:

I guess it has to be surviving lockdown while grieving …alone .
I’m made of strong stuff :wink: l sold everything maybe a little rash, the houses the furniture ,cars ,everything …but at the time it seemed right .
It all worked out well , now I’ve a brand new life…
I’ve still my memories the good ones .
Can recommend it .

1 Like

Being a good daughter,mother / mother-in-law and grandma.
Their words also.

1 Like

I had thought of the forgiving thing for a long, long time, having seen what medical worries did to my own general behaviour and attitude, and thereby understanding my father’s mental state/s far more. So, the dream gave me a good old blast from Creation’s starter pistol.

1 Like

That’s a tough one! I’d say that I’m most proud of taking a leap of faith and moving across the country to pursue my passions. It’s been a wild ride, but totally worth it!

1 Like

I agree. Makes me feel humble, and lucky with my lot.

1 Like

erm, passion?

There’s always something else to accomplish.

1 Like

I think it must be caring for my late Mum. My Dad died in 2007 aged 85. He and Mum both managed pretty well but when he developed a terminal illness I stepped in and did all the hospital runs (and there were many 60 mile round trips). Mum was also deteriorating and needed a lot of help. After Dad died I used to go over several times a week and then bring her to mine from Fri afternoon to Monday every weekend. I did all her paperwork, phone calls, hospital trips, GP trips, chiropodist, hairdresser, shopping etc. I arranged for a lady to go in and clean for her and later she needed carers every morning.

I don’t honestly know where the years went but I did this for 13 years until Mum was unsafe at home as she developed dementia. She went into care for the last 3 years of her life but I visited her every other day, had lunch with her and took her out in the car or wheelchair. She passed away aged nearly 97 listening to her favourite Irish music, in her best nightie, wearing her favourite perfume and tucked up warm and cozy which was exactly what she hoped for.

1 Like

Choking up the system :smiley:

1 Like

I am sure your mum appreciated all the love you invested in her.
To spend so much time with her showed you cared immensely for her and also shows your appreciation for your mum raising you and all she did you as well. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you Bretrick. She told me many, many times that she didn’t know how she would have managed without me. I know she would have done the same for me if I was ever ill or bedridden.

1 Like