What a sneaky swindle!

One of my neighbours loves Kenco Instant Latte so, when I have a Sainsbury deiivery I always add two boxes for her. Today being no exception. Just taken them to her - she looked puzzled and asked if I were sure they were the right thing because they looked different. Took the last box out of her cupboard to check.

Old box from last delivery = eight sachets x 19grms. Price £1.60p
Today’s box = eight sachets x 16grms. Price £1.60p

How sneaky is that? I feel a letter coming on!

1 Like

Shrinkflation, is what they call it!!

I’m still reeling at the price of Holly’s food, in Pets at Home and Morrisons, and milk.

1 Like

Shrinkfltion it may be. Also known as profiteering. They’re all at it.

1 Like

We buy those too tabs, they’ve altered the sachets but “ improved “ the flavour?, Morrisons haven’t had any in for weeks, we got some m&s ones, not bad but not as good as Kenco.

1 Like

Here is their reply to my email -

"Thank you for contacting us regarding Kenco Latte.

We have improved the recipes of our range of Kenco mixes so that these products use more concentrated ingredients. This results in reduced fat, sugar and calories and uses less packaging but still provides the same taste and foam.

We are sorry to learn you are unhappy with the new recipe and we will certainly forward your comments about this to our brand team who are always pleased to receive feedback from our customers.

If there is anything else we can help you with please get back in touch of course.

Kind Regards

Ian Hannaford
Consumer Relations Team"

10/10 for a quick response though!

1 Like

Did they give you extra coffee to compensate? A voucher, perhaps? :joy:

1 Like

No such luck! :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Crafty devils.
I bet a lot of that is going on, but we don’t always notice.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure Morrisons have swindled me out of 17p. I usually have three offers on my card, on my phone. Today, I activated the ones for Pringles, and the milk. I bought two Pringles, and am sure I should have got 10% off. However, it seems I only got 5%. Wonder if it was because the cashier scanned one, but inputted 2 on the screen?

Next time I will actually check.

1 Like

Its tantamount to theft imo.
All companys are at it.

That is true I just pay these days can’t be bothered to quibble over it .

1 Like