Well... l Have Never Heard Of That One!

When I was a teenager, l loved music. I knew all the current songs of that time.
Yesterday, l saw this list of songs from 1965. I knew all of them except one of them!
How come, l can’t remember or have heard of …
‘Gary Lewis And The Playboys’… This Diamond Ring.

Have you heard of it? I am sure you will remember all the other songs on the list.

Perhaps it is a Merican list? I’ve never heard of them either

I don’t remember that version of Hang on Sloopy either.

1 Like

Only two on the list I can’t remember.

1 Like

Bruce, I can only remember the McCoys singing ‘Hang On Sloopy’. Or was there another version?

No I dont remember him either , so looked his records up , Did you know he is the Son of Jerry Lewis ?
Here he is with his dad .

1 Like

Because it was instantly forgettable?? OK, OK I’m going! :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Eliza, No, l didn’t know that!
Good find, Detective! :laughing:

1 Like

susie, What are the two songs you can’t remember?

I have just listened to it… couldn’t remember it either. When I listened I remembered it but I don’t recall it being a big hit!
I was a gogo dancer a couple of years after it was released so perhaps they played it at the club where I worked!

1 Like

https://youtu.be/bKTOizdhan8

There you go

1 Like

Come see about me

and

Turn, Turn, Turn

1 Like

As an avid long time listener of sounds of the sixties I’ve heard so many sixties songs I’m surprised when I haven’t heard one before… though sometimes I hear them and don’t recognise the title to be fair lol

1 Like

Dave Clarke ,Over and Over. I don’t remember that.I thought he was all over Glad.

1 Like