Well, I’ll Just Have To Smell Then!

I don’t like spray deodorants, as l find them too overpowering and they make me sore.
Yesterday, l went to buy the roll on deodorant Amplex Caring that l have used for years. It is the only one that suits me but it seems to have been discontinued! Grrrrr…

What do you use? Do you prefer spray deodorants or a roll on one?
Don’t you find some of them overpowering and make you sore under your arms?

I read that some spray and roll on deodorants contain Aluminium, so probably that’s why the Amplex Caring suited me as it doesn’t contain it.

I have sensitive skin that reacts to certain deodorants etc so understand your problem arty.

I have used Bionsen for years now as it is Aluminium free which seems to cause reaction.

Always reluctant to suggest things but it is worth a try

Link

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/254006680

solo, :slight_smile: Thank You for your recommendation. I have never heard of Bionsen but I will look for it when l go to town.

The reaction to deodorants that don’t suit you is horrible, all the redness and soreness.

I have just googled Bionsen deodorants and it states that it’s safe for Vegans!
Gosh, l didn’t realise Veganism stretched as far as deodorants!

My husband has bad skin allergies and the only deodorant he can use is Clinique. He has tired the Simple range and other non perfumed etc and everything irritates his skin except for Clinique so we are pleased we found at least one that he can wear.

Hi

I never smell. so never a problem.:mrgreen:

My dog has a damaged nose.

How does he smell?

Awful! :lol:

I use Gillette Sensitive. Others irritated.

Hi

Perception is reality.

Lidl has the same ingredients as Clinique.

Not too sure on this one as I have no problems with sensitive skin. But I understood that deodorants don’t contain aluminium as all they do is ‘deodorise’. Antiperspirants however, are different as they do contain aluminium, that is needed in order to prevent perspiring occurring. :slight_smile:

I use Simple Soothing roll on , Kind To Skin ,no perfume ,
0 % alcohol . Think from Sainsburys .
I don’t think you can buy anything labelled deodorant now . They all seem to be labelled antiperspirant

Art, I haven’t used spray deodorants since I was a teenager and I read somewhere about the spray damaging breast tissue.
I have only used a roll-on one ever since.

I either use my Rose scented one from Hand Made Naturals:

Or a Holland & Barret organic one -

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/dr-organic-aloe-vera-deodorant-60083688?skuid=083688&brandId=333

A roll-on type from Lidl’s Cien for men range - usually the Aqua, free from alcohol fragrance. It has a nice cucumbery smell.

Johnson’s baby talc on the body topped off with Impulse Spray.

Hi

Spot on Judd,

Same stuff, less than a tenth of the price.

I don’t like sprays either - I use Mitchum roll on.

Never had any skin problems with it.

Mups, l have heard that about spray deodorants could cause cancer. I wouldn’t be surprised, as when they are sprayed and l am inhaling them. l honestly feel like l’m being poisoned.

Very refreshing to smell like a salad.

:slight_smile:

Another :023: for Bionsen roll-on, it is the only one that doesn’t irritate Mr Glanny’s skin :mrgreen:

Dove make a roll-on that is just deodorant not antiperspirant and doesn’t have aluminium salts in. It smells of cucumber and green tea.

Just a little thought - perspiration is a natural bodily function - it needs to happen. If you stop it from happening under your arms, gravity will take it elsewhere - and you’ll all end up with smelly wet feet!!:-D:-D:-D