Well-designed cars

So which is considered a well designed car to fit today’s environment of rapidly increasing fuel prices and the move to EV’s. I recently changed to a vauxhall Crossland it suits my needs roomy enough and 50 mph if driving sensible,

As you say, Caricature, the Crossland suits you well.
Thing is, everyone will give a different answer because it depends what we each need from a car.

Personally, I don’t want to pay for loads of gadgets that I’m not ever likely use.
A mechanic once said to me that the more things on cars, the more there is to go wrong, and that’s true.

To me, a car just needs to be comfortable, economical, easy to park, good vision (cos I’m only small), and room for my dogs. My little Fiat suits me perfectly.

I have never been interested in showy, ostentatious vehicles full of gadgets, nor those 4x4’s the size of a small bus!

1 Like

Thanks for picking up my suggestion, Caricature. I just thought that people’s views on what is an ugly car will just be as varied as those on what is a well-designed car. Let’s see if some of them are also as ideologically biased as they are in the other thread.
Although I’ve never had a Vauxhall (Opel over here) I’ve come to like its design language that has been used since the turnaround of the company. I liked the Insigna, the Zafira and the Mocca when they were launched and also like the latest Mocca, the Crossland and the Grandland. The design of the first Range Rover Evoque still appeals to me, too, as do some cars made by Ford and Hyundai including Renault’s current Espace.
However, I can’t focus on the design only while glossing over important technical features, its functionality, and price. Substance trumps form. That’s why I tend to accept the design of a car if the car offers what I consider critical.

1 Like