Weekend ITV is crazy

Last night (if you don’t like Strictly on BBC) meant a visit to ITV. Prime evening hours contained New Family Fortunes and The Cube. Just scanned tonight’ offering and guess what, a repeat of both programs, what the heck are they up to, repeating last evenings offerings the following evening, thank goodness for Youtube.

You’ve just described why I very rarely watch traditional TV any more, meaning BBC/ITV/C4 etc.
It has been getting increasingly dire for years.

But repeating the schedule the following night, that is ludicrous.

There’s a Brit/Cop/Comedy/Drama thing called Vexed on Netflix

:clown_face:

Not ITV I know, but BBC show a programme and when that ends on BBC1, it then continues on BBC2. Then the next day they show ‘highlights’ of that particular programme. Recent examples of that was when there was some kind of music festival / programme on BBC1, broadcast from all around the world, this continued on BBC2. Last evening there were highlights from that. Also the RHS Chelsea Flower Show was the same, ‘best bits’ were shown as another programme.

It’s no wonder people are cancelling their TV Licences, we cannot get one and have it stamped ‘Repeat’ when it comes to paying despite paying twice for many ‘repeat’ programmes. Friday to Sunday inclusive the programmers must believe everybody goes out so does not watch TV, the programmes are that dire.

I will soon be joining those who do not have a TV Licence, I am fed-up with being ripped-off paying the licence fee to pay extortionate salaries to those who least need them. Streaming services offer far more variety for much less cost I believe.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-05-11/thousands-cancel-tv-licences

1 Like

A pet hate of mine is when a show continues after some adverts and the next few minutes consists entirely of something along the lines of “and to remind you, here’s what we did in part one” when you’ve only watched it two or maybe three minutes ago!
It’s no more than a cheap way to stretch out a show; keep repeating bits of it.
:angry:

Thank God for Britbox :+1:

The only prog I’ll watch tonight is Morse Jnr (Endeavour) as I’ve followed all the series.

I’ve been watching on catch up," the night stalker" its how I watch most of my tv.

Me too LD, I love Endeavour. I feel lost every time a series finishes - like last night. Hope to goodness it won’t be too long before another series.
:010:

1 Like

I’m hoping the script writers will run the story like right up until Morse becomes the minimum of Inspector and buys his two tone Jag reg 248 RPA .

You know, I went to bed last night wondering at what point they would have to think about drawing it to a close before they run into John Thaw.
I just wish they hadn’t brought in about his drinking (yet) as I fear it might shorten it all as regards new series coming up.
I do worry you know.
I want it around for another few years yet :grinning:

Is Endeavour on for two hours, the same length of time as Morse was on?
I found Morse too long and drawn out, so l lost interest.

Is the actor that plays Endeavor, the same actor that was in Vigil recently? He is a good actor, so l might look for it on Catch Up.

Yes, it’s Shaun Evans.

1 Like

So I like the sound of Endeavour

Not on Netflix

ITV Hub … what’s that, and is it the best option?

Catch up for ITV programmes.
https://www.itv.com/hub/itv