Wedding presents

If for those that are or have been married do you still have any wedding presents? I have one in daily use and it is a bit special
This was hand made by one of my aunts and had the wood frame specially made to fit. It is a foot stool and I think quite remarkable

Outstanding piece of needle work i think, also almost 50 years old and still looking good

5 Likes

Beautiful. :+1:

Thank you. My fathers sisters were trained at the Royal College of Needlework and were allowed to put a gold thread into Queen Elizabeth’s wedding dress

Sounds very upper class don’t it ? but actually really down to earth people

1 Like

We mainly received money as requested… so we could furnish our flat…
We had purchased a good quality Oak Coffee Table with one of the relatives money presents and decided to buy a few premium bonds with the left overs

I know we stained the Coffee Table darker at some point and when we moved all the dark wood Furniture went to a Charity for less well off people.

3 Likes

One particular pressie that we still have is a blanket. It’s upstairs in its box and one of the few gifts that survived our devastating house fire of '95. It a very special blanket as it’s the one out first daughter was conceived upon up across Dartmoor during our weeks honeymoon while only the wild life looked on. Nine months later and our wonderful first daughter arrived to start us on our way into family life. We now have four girls :+1::hugs::sparkling_heart::hugs:
Actually, there is a very apt song about a ‘special’ blanket :point_down:

2 Likes

Considering the closest I’ve been to a Queen was a man in drag, no it doesn’t sound upper class, it is. :+1:

2 Likes

So your not using the Blanket any more then… :thinking: :zipper_mouth_face: :innocent:

3 Likes

Dianne please don’t encourage him :roll_eyes: :joy:

3 Likes

Far too precious for every day use. Call me an old sentimental, but to me it really is precious. . . :sparkling_heart::+1:

1 Like

Purely a leg pulling… processed… :grinning:

2 Likes

Nothing to do with anything but The Queen really but
…How dare she have My Husband’s ancestral/relatives Wallpaper stripped off the Palace Walls…spending thousands and thousands of very likely tax payers money…put a word out on the street can you LongDriver…The Wallpaper was High Classed and Lead Free which was very unusual for that period of time…

1 Like

As far as I am aware, all of HMQ’s wallpaper is hand block printed, or rather it was during my years at WC. Most of the purchases were grant-in-aid so yes part tax payer funded.

1 Like

Yes is was Hand Block Printed…I know it was in there and in one of the London Museums…Sandersons bought the business when it went Bust…I always until recently thought they just made a take over but no Wm.Woollams & Co. actually went to the wall in the end…

2 Likes

How lovely!