We had our 4th covid vaccination

I rang the surgery a few days ago and they booked me in for my COVID jab at the same time.

I’m having mine on the 6th Oct I’m not sure if it will be my 4th or 5th , yesterdays flu jab has left me with a bruised wonky arm .

Wow, I had mine today and a flu jab

And it was so organised, it felt almost post-apocalypse!

One minute appointments. The nurse outside asked you collectively in a group of about 10 the routine questions about allergies, are you in good health etc

Then it was join the queue in front of the jabbing chairs, sit down when it was your turn, give your name and appointment time, jab, jab in each arm and of you go out the back door!

The whole thing took literally 4 minutes from when I stepped in the door :astonished:

Our doctor’s surgery is excellent and I think one good thing that came out of the Covid thing is that they’re all geared up to cope with mass vaccination if needed now

1 Like

yes Maree, now can they sort out the appointments?

1 Like

I had a 10-minute wait in the queue (no questions asked) then 2 minutes with, surprisingly, a GP - jab on the left, jab on the right - and out.

1 Like

I’m not saying it to gloat or be smug because I hear what’s happening to other people and it must be scary and infuriating

But our doctor’s appointment system combined with telephone appointments, nurses appointments and AskmyGP is OK

They did very well in the patient survey score, have you looked at your practice’s score?

no, i just changed my Doctor… thet are milking it… before Covid if you got an appointment there might be about fifteen waiting, now theres only two or three… the Docs want it all to be private so you pay when you see them,

Had three covid jabs mainly so we could holiday abroad but no more for us.

Did anyone have a mask on, there is a lot of transmission going on out there.

1 Like

That is do shortermilism :laughing:

:rofl: No masks, I haven’t seen a mask for yonks!

There were no fripperies at all.

The pre jab questions were a hoot

10 of us, stood in the corridor “Right, any of you got allergies, are you ill, have you had a Covid jab recently? No? Good Get in line! “

No major ill-effects so far. Yesterday, the COVID throbbed somewhat and I felt generally lethargic. Today I seem back to normal.

I had both jabs last Friday. The following two days were hellish, ached all over, listless, was even off my beer! My advice to anyone waiting for their jabs is, do’nt have any major plans or do’s lined up for a day or so after the deed. Maybe just have one jab at a time. It was the Flu one that done for me! :hot_face: :hot_face:

2 Likes

I had the flu jab a week ago. Declined the covid one. As we arrived at the health centre we were asked whether we were having just flu or both and we were sent in different directions. Loads were refusing the covid one this time.

We had our jabs 4 weeks ago now and the missus suffered for a day or so with flu symptoms (usual) I had a day were I was achy but nothing special to worry about. Been having aches and pains for over a year now since my run in with covid.
Has for the covid I am starting to taste and enjoy small bits of food always had the fog since last August but funny thing is I am feeling more alert with this jab so perhaps who knows I may start thinking for myself again soon instead of depending on the missus putting the words into my mouth. Gotta stop sitting and staring into the grey abyss memory is shot to pieces but hopefully that may return as well.
I suppose these jabs effect people in different ways I ain’t missed a jab and now I maybe starting to get immunity to the side effects.

We had our covid and flu jabs this morning, advised to take Paracetamol when the aches start.

Hoping we’ll both be ok tomorrow to celebrate our Son and Daughter’s 50th birthdays :crossed_fingers:

I had covid and flu jabs on Friday the thirteenth - one in each arm. I was a bit wary of the date I had been given but I can’t say there have been many side effects as yet - maybe a little tiredness for a couple of days and the covid arm ached a little that evening.

1 Like

I suppose if you look on the bright side, an adverse reaction to the jabs, i.e feeling god awful, means your immune system is trying to fight off intruders into your body, and is a good sign. Well that’s how I try and pick the bones out of it all! :+1: :+1:

Had my flu jab three weeks ago with no reactions as always. Having my sixth Covid jab on Friday and expecting no reactions as always. Would i have caught Covid had I not had the jabs? who knows but i’m taking no chances,

1 Like

I’ve been busy today, booking mine. Covid will be this Saturday at our local hospital. Goodness knows whereabouts in the building one goes to. Flu next week at a nearby pharmacy. (At least with that one I walk to it.)

Off topic, I have also booked a vet appt for Holly tomorrow (itchy and sore ear), and rebooked my telephone consultation with the surgery. A confusion with the date so I missed it today (text said Thursday 18th, so I marked it on Thursday on the calendar. Oops).

So my calendar is getting pretty full.