We had our 4th covid vaccination

We had our covid vaccinations yesterday .
It’s our fourth .
Anyone else had theirs yet ?

2 Likes

No.
Our GP surgery sent me a text to say eligible patients will be offered Covid booster when they attend their appointment for the flu jab, if they have sufficient stocks of Covid booster available at the time of your visit.

I was invited by text to make appt for my flu jab a couple of days ago. I went online to book appt the day after I received text and the earliest available appointment was the last week in October.
I had heard they were rolling out Covid booster early because of a rise in infection rate, so was rather hoping to get the Covid booster before I went for the flu jab.

I guess I’ll just have to wait and see what happens.

1 Like

The missus and I Sunday morning the 24th 8.01am and 8.04am. Weird timings and yes our 4th also lets hope I am not left regretting it.Been a year August I got Covid and are still getting symptoms and unable to walk to far or do stairs.

1 Like

I’ve had at least 4.I can’t remember.I plan to get another in December anyway.
Australia has the Pirola variant now just like the UK

My flu jab was booked a fortnight ago and is on the 30th at 1200

I was sent a text message this week to book a COVID jab but the existing sessions were fully booked - I have to attempt a booking for further sessions on Monday.

Never mix your drinks.

The wife and I are having both jabs this month on the 29th. Must say, I’ve got mixed feelings about it, as last year, I felt like shit for a couple of days. Not sure which was was the culprit!

I’m not eligible, but if I were I wouldn’t have it. I think I had four which is more than enough.

1 Like

I’ll be getting my fourth in October.

1 Like

I don’t take the flu jab never have and just went along to a walk in with Mr M to get the covid exactly a year since our last one .

1 Like

I’m glad you raised this thread, Muddy because I never thought of trying to find a vaccination centre further afield until I read your post.

The NHS haven’t opened any separate vaccination clinics in my town this year and none of the local pharmacies are offering them, so it’s only our local GP surgery who is providing them. I was disappointed to find I’d have to wait until the last week in October, then have my Covid and flu jab at the same time.
I like to have the boosters separately with at least a couple of weeks in between.

Your mention of a walk-in centre for Covid boosters made me think of looking on the NHS App to see if I can find one within reasonable distance - I didn’t find a walk-in centre anywhere near here but I was able to make an appointment through NHS App to get my Covid booster at a village pharmacy about 8 miles away. I’m booked in for 5th October, so that leaves about 3 weeks between the two vaccinations.
Perfect timing, so thanks for giving me the idea. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I had my fourth way back in the Autumn when I had my flu jab too

1 Like

There doesn’t seem to be any rush up here. I have to wait until November 16th for my covid and flu jabs. I think it will be more than my 4th covid jab though.

1 Like

Mr M and I will be having our 7th Covid and Flu vaccinations on 18th October at our Surgery.

You and Mr M must be like pin cushions

i was invited to attend for the flu jap, at which poit i could have the next covid jab… about forty years ago i got a flu jab and had the worse winter ever, so have refused them since, but having said that i got my sixth covid injection about a month or so ago…

I know how much revenue each jab attracts, the medical profession has gone target crazy!!

I rang the surgery a few days ago and they booked me in for my COVID jab at the same time.

I’m having mine on the 6th Oct I’m not sure if it will be my 4th or 5th , yesterdays flu jab has left me with a bruised wonky arm .

Wow, I had mine today and a flu jab

And it was so organised, it felt almost post-apocalypse!

One minute appointments. The nurse outside asked you collectively in a group of about 10 the routine questions about allergies, are you in good health etc

Then it was join the queue in front of the jabbing chairs, sit down when it was your turn, give your name and appointment time, jab, jab in each arm and of you go out the back door!

The whole thing took literally 4 minutes from when I stepped in the door :astonished:

Our doctor’s surgery is excellent and I think one good thing that came out of the Covid thing is that they’re all geared up to cope with mass vaccination if needed now

1 Like