We all secretly know don’t we

Well tonight the old foes meet again, England v Germany in the knockout stage of the euros, I’ve listened to all the hype on tv and radio about how, this time, we can do it, most of the country will be glued to the match tonight, hoping, praying.

But, as always, it’ll go to penalties and we’ll miss one, or have one saved, ho hum, maybe the World Cup next year……

1 Like

I would rather watch grass grow than football, who wants to watch a few men kicking a ball about? not me for sure.

I’m not normally a footie fan,rs, not interested most of the time, but I enjoy the euros and the World Cup

I’ll be watching the England match later and cheering them on! :smiley:

A win for England. 2-1

I am the same! Primus.

Hey, l’ve just thought…is it because we were born on the same day? :lol:

Germany haven’t been playing too well just lately and have just scraped through, England finished top of their group, so if we are going to do it, now’s the time…:cool: Good luck England, and keep it clean…:038:

I remember years ago, when Germany were unbeatable.

Here’s hoping Sterling is on top form, he is like a little rocket! :smiley:

My sentiment entirely!! Grown men moving a ball around with their feet? It’s not for me either RS.

Probably art, it’s been said you are my long lost twin…:lol:

It’s only the same as grown men and women hitting a little ball to each other with a tennis bat

Well I’d rather watch grown men kick a ball around than watch grass grow but not much more. :-p

I really couldn’t care less. Football is of supernatural indifference to me.

Well I shall graciously wish you the best of luck in the game. I won’t be watching it - not because I’m sulking about Scotland not being in it anymore, but the sun is shining and I’ll be outside. :smiley:

Couldn’t give a monkey’s about the footie. The Wombles are playing tennis in Wimbledon again; we’ll be watching that if someone good is playing.

Oh Andy Murray won last night. Just sayin’ :smiley:

I know, we watched the match.

I wonder why neither journos, politicians, nor OFF members can resist using “foe” for a competitor. Trump used it for the NATO member Germany. We all know about the negative connotations of the word.
I’ll be watching it although I’m not into (club) football. I wish England the best of luck. As someone said, Germany’s record in the Euro2020 hasn’t been very good.

I used to work in Wimbledon for BT and made things very hard to get anywhere while the tennis fortnight was on. Police stopping us from parking outside where we were supposed to work so customers complained. It was a nighmare fortnight for those who worked the area in all trades