Water babies by the lake

We went over to the butcher in the village where my Granny used to live to buy some mince so I could make burgers, and came back via the lake in the village where my Lovely Cousin went to school.

At first glance, this looked like one huge tree.

A bridge made from a single slab of stone.

Swanning about.

From a distance these looked like hot air balloons on wires. I think they were actually to keep wildfowl away from power lines.

Birds of a feather.

Anyone seen my kids?

Oh there they are.

Wait for me!

Give us a kiss. A gert big ball of mistletoe in the treetops.

2 Likes

lovely to see England in bloom - and to hear of buying mince at the local english village butchers - I have just persuaded someone to do the same thing in another part of England and they are enthralled with the result compared to supermarket meat ??? - most good village butchers are supplied by good local farmers with healthy animals ergo??

2 Likes

We have a ‘tree’ like that near where I live - a large hill densely populated by trees, so that it looks like one huge tree canopy. The children always used to say it looked like a giant broccoli :grin:

Lovely photos @Fruitcake, hope you enjoyed your burgers!

2 Likes

I love the photos you take when out on your wanders @Fruitcake, they are always interesting. :grinning:

1 Like

A lovely set of pics @Fruitcake - thank you for sharing them with us.
I love idyllic country spots like that - and I especially loved the pics of the Canada Goose and her brood of adorable goslings. :heartpulse:

1 Like