Washing - how do you dry yours?

A creel. Every working-class Northern home had one back in the day. Just had to make sure that nothing was cooked that had a strong smell. :slight_smile:

Fabric softener in the final rinse should sort that out.

Hi Judd - Yes I think that will be the only way to soften them.

I don’t usually use fabric conditioner on towels but I think I’ll have to until I get my drier repaired.:slight_smile:

I wouldn’t be without a tumble drier. In good weather I love the smell of washing that’s blown dry outside, but wouldn’t want damp clothes drying in the house, and certainly not on a radiator making the air damp and encouraging mould spores - not to mention ruining the radiator paint eventually. In an emergency I’ve been known to dry off a small item over the shower screen rather than put the machine on, but it’s rare.

Oh I remember those… I can still see the sheets as flat as a piece of paper :smiley:

I don’t have a drier. At this time of year, it’s central heating on, wet clothes on radiators, all windows wide open. Sometimes I put the dehumidifier on too. Takes a couple of hours or so depending what I’m washing.
There’s no room for a dedicated space for wet clothes. I don’t put the wet clothes on the bedroom rads, just the lounge, kitchen and bathroom.

I try to wait for days that have a breeze, preferably with no rain, but that doesn’t always work out.

When I bought this house it still had a mangle in the (outside) laundry. Long gone now but I saved the concrete twin tubs.

The concrete tubs (lined with zinc) used to be in great demand by horse owners but it has sat in my garden for nearly 40 years and I am thinking of planting something in it (can’t rush into these things):!:.

I miss my tumble dryer it was a condensing one,I hate washing hanging around ,Carol,I am thinking about getting another small one that will fit into my bedroom cupboard as I have nowhere else to put it plus it would have to be another condenser.

I’ve got an electric clothes airer, I use it for clothes that feel damp after being on the line.

No trouble drying washing where I am today

36’C and 17% humidity, you’d have trouble keeping things wet.

45’C on the weekend.

I’d bought my TD on ‘buy now, pay after 6 months’ but decided to pay it all off yesterday, as I had funds left over. Was going to transfer into savings account but thought, better do it now. Don’t want to forget and it starts incurring hefty interest charges. (Was due April.)