VW change of extended warranty

We have just received an email from VW regarding changes to their extended warranty. This paragraph in particular sounds ridiculous:

– Design Faults and Recalls – If any components of your
vehicle have an inherent design fault or is recalled by its
manufacturer, the component which is the subject of the
design fault or recall is not covered by this warranty.

I cannot believe that VW will not cover problems caused by inherent design faults. I believe that this information should be published widely in order to fully apprise other potential customers of this (in my opinion) unacceptable drawback.

We have already decided not to buy a VW again due to the very difficult to use sat nav and other related features, which are a big step backward from the previous model, and now this.

1 Like

If there are know VW design faults, then to refuse to rectify their faults could result in many law cases against them. I used to buy from the VW Automotive Group stable and then switched my wife to Suzuki for better design and after sales service. She is now driving her 3rd and very happy she is too :ok_hand:

1 Like

Goods not fit for purpose comes to mind

1 Like

With VW’s problems with emission data, I don’t think fit for purpose will bother them in the least.

That’s a bit strange, if your car is recalled it’s usually to fix a safety, or potential safety fault, if a part has to be replaced then surely it should be foc…?, covered by the manufacturer, I would query it with vw…

I have responded to their message.